What tranny fluid do you guys use?

I read this

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40655

and answered my questions about rear diff lube (AMSOil ftw) but couldn’t find any posts about what kind of tranny fluid to use. What do you guys use?

I use redline mt-90 but im not entirely satisfied

I should probly try something else just to compare

I guess it depends on what kind of transmission you have?

Redline Heavyweight Shockproof gear Oil.

factory honda mtf

NEO 75/90RHD & 75/90HD

I’ve used Redline MT90 and Royal Purple 75/90HD and NEO beats them all hands down.

T45 Use Dextron 5 ATF

That transmission wont hold much over 350 without being built and you are better dropping in a T56 later down the line anyway.

For now you primary concern is the shifter. That will be the first thingto cause problems down the line. Buy a Pro 5.0

MR diaqueen in the transmission, and redline heavyweight shockproof in the transfer case and diff (with the redline lsd anti-friction additive)

Bought the 5.0 last week and it is on it’s way right now.

it depends on what kind of transmission it is.

Aren’t you suppose to used diaqueen on the diff?

True. You have to do some research. Currently I am using Diaqueen on the diff and transfercase. 2 Qt of Redline MTL and 1 QT of MT-90 on the tranny. To be honest, I can’t really tell the difference. Some tranny are really sensitive with the viscosity of oil you put in there. For instance if you used a heavier viscosity oil on the evo, it will have problem shifting when the oil is cold. Is the car a daily driver? a summer car?

It is a T45.

Mustang GT…

When you want to work on that thing ?

I use Dexron VI in my trans.

+1

nappy
are you asking what others use? you for your car???

Honda ATF

I wouldn’t use Dexron VI in anything other than a 06+ GM that came with it from the factory. Dex VI is harder on seals than Dex III and may cause leakage in older vehicles. GM wants to make it universal for service but I wouldn’t recommend it. It is also pricey as whoever makes it needs to be licensed from the developers of Dex VI (GM/Afton Chemical/PetroCanada).
At work we buy direct from PetroCanada for factory fill. I can’t remember what a barrel costs but it isn’t cheap.

GM Syncromesh.

Factory fill is Dex/Merc III, however for high horsepower applications I recommend half Dex/Merc & half Dodge Viper MTL or Syngear II