what was your roadtest like?

after reading another thread, i realized that it has been 4 years to the date that the stat of New York has allowed me to legally operate a motor vehicle (mistake on their part? quite possibly lol). just thought it might be cool to do something like this, so:

1. how many years have u had your license?

2. how long did you have permit for when you took your road test?

3. what was your score, and what did you get points off for?

4. anything good/bad to say about the ‘instructor’?

5. any other memorable things to add?

6. 4

7. 10 months (parents made me take Drivers Ed over the summer first)

8. i got points of for mis-use of automatic gears. i was driving my moms '97 Taurus wagon, and the transmission (which blew not long after) had this thing where OCCASIONALLY it would clunk moderately hard when shifting from Drive to Reverse, and of course, it did that on my road test while i was parallel parking. i dont remember my exact score, but that was the only thig i got off for

9. the guy was pretty cool, i think the test only lasted about 10 minutes, mayb less. my one firends was like a half an hour. he let me off easy on the parallel parking too, i got to the point where i just started to back into the spot and he said ‘ok, thats good you can go’

10. i remember i skipped school to take it, and i went into school late and my parents let me take the car to school right away and i took a bunch of people out to lunch that day.

i took it when i was 16 or 17. I failed the first time… but passed the second. That’s all i can remember

oh…the first time… my instructor was a mean fat bitch. I’d like to uppercut her in the taint

1.) 8 years
2.) 2 months
3.) I have no idea what my score was
4.) I do not remember anything about my instructor
5.) When I took my car test, I didn’t pass by much. When I took my motorcycle test the only input the instructor had was that I was a good rider, very observant. I guess I know where I belong…

took it was i was 16…failed for my par. parking

took it when i was 17 failed for not waiting for someone to go at a stop sign. i was in a hurry. i had a dentist appt.

took it when i was 18… PASSED :slight_smile:

got a car for my birthday.

and here i am.

6. Location

7. 7 years

8. 3 Months

9. Don’t remember the score but I know I got points taken off for crossing yellow line on a left turn.

10. Instructor was OK I guess he wasn’t a prick or anything
    5)Only memorable thing was I was the only one in my grade to have a license and a car as a sophmore (No I didn’t fail)

11. Orchard Park

I ADDED LOCATION

1. 4 years
  2. 11 months
  3. perfect score
  4. instructor was okay, he wasnt a dick, but he wasnt very sociable either. I had heard bad things about him, saying he was very hard, but i had no troubles with him.

I failed my first road test, started out in reverse ooopss, yeah I was alittle nervous. I took it like two days after I turned 16, the passed a month later.

6. 13 years.

7. 2 weeks (I signed up for my road test the day I got my permit, on my 16th birthday)

8. No idea what my score was. I only lost points for being “too timid in traffic”. I only remember that because I really wanted to tell the guy I normally drive much faster.

9. Don’t remember the instructor at all.

10. No good stories. But when I went back for my motorcycle license at 18 I was turned away for my rear tire being too bald. After I got that replaced and signed up again as I’m creeping up in line waiting for my turn the front brake cable snapped. Not wanting to wait another month or so to reschedule I just took the test with just rear brakes, and still passed.

1. 7 years
  2. 2-3 months
  3. I know I did one thing wrong, I don’t remember what it was though. I still passed the first time. I’m surprised so many people on here failed the first time out.
  4. Don’t remember the instructor at all.
  5. No good stories.
  1. 5 years
  2. 1 year
  3. Not sure about score… but the only thing the guy said I did wrong was not looking behind me enough when backing up.
  4. He smelled like onions
  5. Not really
  6. OP for location

Oh I don’t know. It was pretty quick but extremely pleasurable.

1. 9+ years
  2. 6 months
  3. Hit the curb on par. parking, also got marked off for taken a turn to slow
  4. My lady instructor was nice.
  5. none

yea see alot of people didn’t pass the first time so hopefully i’ll pass it my second lol

9…
    couple of months…
    who knows, im perfect…
    no clue, just some schmuck prolly…
    if u fail, at all, u suck at driving and at life. the ONLY thing to MAYBE fail for might be the parallel park, but mine i remember there was about a 5-6 car space to fit into…
  1. 5+ years
  2. 6 months
  3. I remember something about needing to use my mirrors more and also i kinda crept through a stop sign, but i definitely passed the first time
  4. The instructor didn’t make me finish my parallel park, i wasn’t even close to backed in all the way and the car was still stuck in traffic, but she’s just like ok that’s good let’s go on. I think the whole test was under 5 minutes
  5. Orchard Park

6. 8

7. 1-1/2

8. perfect score

9. it was a woman, only thing i remember

10. it was pouring rain, i drove around 1 block in OP, did a 3 pt. turn and stop at a stop sign. The instructor bitched about the weather and told me to drive back, said congratulations and left.

1. how many years have u had your license? - 8
  2. how long did you have permit for when you took your road test? - 2
  3. what was your score, and what did you get points off for? - not sure, but I botched the parallel park
  4. anything good/bad to say about the ‘instructor’? - stupid fat bitch, when I signed the paper, she tried to tell me that it wasn’t a proper signature (it looks like a scribbly doctor sig) - I almost told her to go fuck herself.
  5. any other memorable things to add? - see above
  1. how many years have u had your license? 4
  2. how long did you have permit for when you took your road test? about 6 months
  3. what was your score, and what did you get points off for? I don’t remember the exact score, but I know the guy made me repeat my parallel parking cuz I was way too far away from the curb
  4. anything good/bad to say about the ‘instructor’? He looked like santa claus. And he was so big, I didn’t think he’d fit in my little Saturn lol
  1. 4
  2. 1 month
  3. only thing i got points off was for making a left at a light, she said the car was to close when i had made the turn in which it wasnt even near me at all
  4. nothing good/bad to say, she didnt say a word to me, all she said when it was over was “u passed”
  1. 7 years
  2. 10 months (forced to take drivers ed first)
  3. no points taken off. Only thing written was “very good park.”
  4. Dont remember my isntructor
  5. My foot was shaking like crazy on the gas when i first started