what winter beater to buy

As long as you pay attention they aren’t too bad. I made 3 winters in my 86 Ranger 2WD including one blizzard without getting stuck. Just don’t expect it to do great. Granted I made sure it was properly preped with snow tires, and a few sand-bags,

Personally though I found it a lot more fun in the snow than my previous front wheel drive cars. Plus snow-banks/curbs didn’t stand a chance against the Twin-I’s. :tup:

good look.

yeah I have driven both front and rear wheel drive in winter and I find that front wheel drive gives you more control, especialy while turning. I have, in the past, been driving rear wheel drive and gone around a turn only to have the car keep pushing forward while the fronts just slid. Although that was in a truck with kinda shitty tires. :gotme:

It’s entirely dependant on the dynamics of the vehicle also. Plenty of FWD vehicles can do the exact same things. That is more down to the dynamics of the vehicle, just because it’s RWD doesn’t mean the ass will kick out, and just because it’s FWD doesn’t mean it won’t.

Every car is different and there are a ton of variables to it. (Suspension condition, tires, center of gravity just to name a few.) The drive wheels can influence it but it is not the end-all/be-all of how the car will handle. Though it does have a large influence.

:word: very true.