Whats going on in pittsburgh

I’m coming back home for a couple days and looking to rent a hotel room for a couple days next week. I just wanna know whats going on with all the decently priced rooms being booked full. The only ones, that I’ve seen so far, that aren’t booked are the ones that cost $150+ per night.

U.S open golf is next week…there are no rooms to speak of anywhere in the area…fucking golf nuts have more $$ than brains…LOL:nuts: :rolleyes:

Yeah but you’d think they’d want the nicer hotels. Not the ones costing under $90/night.

they are saying some were close to a 1/4 million people will be in town just for the open

oh boy plus there is the air show too. this is gonna be fun. looks like i am not going anywhere lol

DAYUM…$$$$ I hope all the small biz’s in our area can get a piece of that cake!$$$$$$$$$$

I’m not looking forward to the traffic to and from work this week. If you have a choice, this is not the weekend you want to be here.

The traffic is a killer, I went to the kenny concert today and i left at 2 PM and got in the parking lot at 345 PM. Traffic is nuts this weekend.

ill be coming back into town next week for the open, hope to make it to the air show too

i went down to tailgate and drop off 2 girls with my buddy who were going then went back after the concert to get them…holy caow was that bitch

Nope don’t really have a choice on being there or not. I’m only going to actually be downtown one day. The others are going to be seeing family and taking advantage of the tax free clothes.

Have you checked the discount sites like orbitz or travelocity? My understanding, from booking with them in the past, for a hotel to sell through them, they must hold back a percentage of rooms for last minute bookings. I learned this when I was in toledeo one year for a show and they fucked up my room. They called all around town and everyone was 100% booked. I called travelocity and they told me that they had 14 hotels in the area that had 7-12% of their rooms open. Including the one I booked at. I ended up with a 4 room suite for around $55.00 a night…

Everything out by me is filled up. Even travelocity isn’t finding much. You might have to try some small (maybe crappy) motels.

There are a few south like:

http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=Apgv.nPPKDRv9C9IoPW5gQmHNcIF?id=11806187&state=PA&city=Belle+Vernon&stx=Knotty+Pine+Motel&csz=Belle+Vernon%2C+PA+15012&fr=&ed=fjcfkq131DyvwOR6gkYaNV0b96gK147NFKk6iXw9d7GT5LfKkMZL9aVC&lcscb=

Maybe other people know of small places near them.

I tried travelocity, hotels.com, and one other I can’t think of. They didn’t have anything. My friend who lives in kittaning said there’s one up by her.

maybe try on www.cheaphotel.com too

Airshow FTW

Solow thanks for the link.