What's the most incorrect car statement you've ever heard?

lol

At advanced auto:

me: “i need points for a …”

guy checks the computer for about 8-10 minutes and then says " when you say points, do you mean plugs?"

me: “you have no idea what you are talking about do you?”

guy: “no i don’t think i know what you are asking for”

me: “ok then where are your nut splitters?”

guy “what are they for?”

me: dumbfounded i say “well they are for splitting nuts” frustrated i walk over to the tool aisle, grab one, walk up to the guy “this is a nut splitter… hey that special shirt means that you are a manager huh?”

guy: proudly says “yes it does”

me: i just shook my head, laughed and left

I love everytime I go to a parts store, I tell them I need XXX for a GSR, and they always ask the same thing: “DOHC or VTEC?” Um…yes?

l8apex do you drive a lotus?

edit: nvm, I’m thinking of someone else with a license plate similar to your username

Chris Morton has that one.

about 10 mins ago

pavers looking at the STI as i walked out of my house to go back to work

paver1- hey look at this kids car
paver2-that thing stock?
me-umm yea
paver1-is it fast?
paver2-whats it got in it? 350?
me-ummmm 2.5 4-cyl
paver1-thats the sweetest 4cyl i’ve seen
paver2-you pick up ladies with that?
me-HAHAH yea thanks, gotta go

Car Salesman, when I told him I was looking for a Firehawk and they couldn’t get one:
“The Firehawk package is really just different badges. It doesn’t do anything for the resale or performance of the car at all.”

wasnt it? what was different with them? (handeling package?)

Well #1 the Firehawks have WAY higher resale value, but the firehawks are sent to SLP after production for different suspension, wheels and tires, hood, exhaust, as well as optional stuff you can add from them

oh, ok… so pretty much the firebird equvillant to the camaro SS?

yeah exactly, except that the later camaro SS’s were done by GM, and the firehawks were actually sent to SLP

really? I thought they were all SLP? learn something new everyday :tup:

I didn’t even know myself until a couple weeks ago.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14632

Yeah, every last one of us is an ignorant asshole:wstupid:

i also drove a srt4 with that guy…heaver set guy? he drove first and couldnt drive stick…i felt bad…he thought 3rd was 1st…man that clutch stunk…he also said it was supercharged

It’s great when you are looking to buy a stick-shift car. Half the sales people out there either look at you funny, or are frightened by the prospect that they might have to move the car. :lol:

go into a pep boys and ask for a radiator for a 71 vw beetle. loads of fun.

aparently my SHO is supercharged stock and everyone points to the alt (has happened a lot of times)

a story from a friend. I was at advanced auto so i could buy a cap and rotor for my 94 integra and they said the cap was 6bucks and the rotor was ahhhhh $34. he looks at the screen and he looked up a brake rotor. COMMON YOU WORK IN A PARTS STORE.

the SHO revs to 12500 rpm stock and was used in a formula race car.
GM makes good cars. I point to my saturn and procede to smoke the parking lot out… no they don’t.

5 alternators, 2 batteries, failing fuel pump, rear wheel bearing that wont stay in.

Yeah :tup: to top notch quality.

There ARE 1983 vettes. 10 of them i think.