What's the most incorrect car statement you've ever heard?

okay

enough about the goddam '83 vette

they’re slow

they’re gay

they didn’t make very many of them

they had ceasefire injection anyways

/of story

kid i work with.

him:i used to be a dodge mechanic
me: really y u working parts
him:i got bored with it they made me do all the hard stuff there
me:oh like what
H: i once rhad to replace a turbo on a duramax diesel(yea he said duramax) and it took forever to get the turbo belt off
me:ok i gotta go

then another convo

him:iam buying my gnx back next month
me: really u had a gnx
him:yea i payed 1800 for it gotta new 5.0 motor for it. rebuilt that.that car zoomed
me: um again i cant talk to u anymore

i had a dumb bitch that i used to work with tell me her sisters viper hit 200 mph and the roof flew off. i think she was watching a certain movie… :roll:

Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this time. The new Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY closed in October of 1982 to begin retooling for the 1984 Corvette. Production began in January of 1983 and the press received their first view of the 1984 Corvette in January of 1983. In February, the first production 1984 Corvettes were sold to the public. In March of 1983, the 1984 Corvette officially went on sale in the United States, except for California and a month later, in April, the 1984 Corvette went on sale in California. By October of 1983, the plant was in full speed production.

Trivia: Pop music singer “Prince” released the song, “Little Red Corvette”.

haha, i was just reading that too after i googled ‘1983 corvette’ cause i’m bored

EDIT: crossfire a horrible throttle-body injection system that Chevrolet used on 82-84 Corvettes with the 350 and Camaros with the 305. It offered a bit more power at the time compared to carb setups, but wasn’t the most reliable, pretty near impossible to upgrade without spending madd cash (really narrow runners), has next to no current aftermarket, and haha… it actually used two throttle bodies off 4cyl engines. Comparing it to TPI is like comparing the Challenger to like… a shuttle that didn’t blow up

wtf is ceasefire injection?

I think she meant to say C6 and 60mph.

Creasefire injection is what happens when you hit the little water button on an iron to make a spiffy steam cloud. Oh wait…

Almost forgot my favorite. Happened to my buddy Josh when we were Juniors in UB Engineering school. He was paying for gas at a station in Amherst and had a bottle of dry gas and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner too:

Snooty Cashier Girl: “You’re wasting money. Those are the same thing.”
Josh: “No, they’re not the same thing at all.”
Snooty Cashier Girl: scoff “Yes they are! I took automotive technologies at ECC, so I would know. They’re the same thing.”
Guy In Line Behind Josh: leans forward “Well I’m the head of the chemical engineering department at UB… They’re not the same.”

:lol: Owned by Dr. Lund! :tup:

Wow…thats good. LOL

yeah, that’s one of my favorites from this thread too :tup:

That fucking rules.
I would feel like an asshat being shut down like that.

To the day it amazes me how many people, that drive cars (i guess if you don’t you are excuse from this rant)
truely don’t know dick about them.
I don’t even mean technical stuff.
But people don’t even understand the basic concept of how an engine/brakes/exhaust/gas/oil/transmissions work.
I love the “I press the pedal and it goes” logic.
Thinking about this is close to the sound that makes me want to punch babies

at the WOW at the Buf convention center a few years back, chillin with joe (91MR2) by his car, guy walking over, point out the mr2 to his son of maybe 14 or 15 years old, points into the engine bay, and says:

“that’s the toyota mr2…see that, that’s where the twin turbos are”

next, getting my tires mounted, kid that works cashier at the shop starts talking to me about his hatch…totally riced out, red pleather seat covers, plastic altezzas, etc…asked:

him: is that a 5 speed or a 6 speed?
me: 5 speed
him: too bad, higher top speed with a 6 speed…
me: :bloated:

also that same day, the guy mounting the wheels for me, great guy, very credible mechanic, hard working guy, nothing against him, and nothing he said was wrong (or at least never while i’m around), but just a funny reaction out of him while he was looking around underneath my car…

looks under one side, says “that wasn’t there last time i saw this car…”…takes one step to the other side, “this thing has TWO turbos?!?” :lol:

out of that short list, I think a transmission is the only thing that would confuse the hell out of me if I saw just it’s guts on the floor. (that doesn’t mean I’m good at working on cars at all, but I can identify parts though…)

And thats perfectly fine
At least you have basic knowledge of a car you put your trust in everyday.
I didn’t mean if you can’t take a car apart and put it back together you shouldn’t be driving one.

I am more refering to people…

Like a girl I know who didn’t “understand” what “oil” was or why it needed to be “changed”
Needless to say her car lived to the ripe age of 40,000 miles.

but what really gets me is the people that have no understanding of cars and spout useless crap -every example in this thread-

lol…don’t forget the mechanics lying to stupid girls to get a lot of money.

headlight fluid is one of my favorite scams to hear about.

muffler bearings?

Its a vw?

Yeah and the bearings have to be directly imported from wolfsburg and will be 320 dollars each.
And how about you pay 100 bucks for this headlight switch.
or buy another MAF
and that check engine light
Thats normal.

I had a fun discussion with a girl about how fast her gran prix was.
Because it’s a GT!!!
she was sold on those 2 little letters making the car fast as hell.

Thats because GT stands for “Got Traction?”