Whats up with my sr

ok so i just was driving and the sr started making a retarted knocking noise so i went 10 blocks home and stopped by then the noise was very loud i checked every thing and the oil plug was loose so i checked my oil and the was hardly any in there so i filled it up and started it and the noise was still there am i fucked or what ?

are you serious?

wow…

Yea i’d say you’re fucked alright. Nothing like a knocking motor to ruin your day.

time for a nice sr build!!!
2.2L stroke that bitch.

Flush the motor with water, make sure when your doing this the motor is on. Once its flushed it should be perfect! Add oil, and your set.

dont forget a lil brake fluid, helps the engine;)

Dude, you need an engine oil bypass kit from kalecoauto. You don’t want the oil getting dirty running through the engine.

huh so what do i have to do am i fucked or can i fix it

Please tell us you’re not serious, it’s not funny, it just makes you look like a retard.

If you are serious, you’re fucked, your motor is screwed man. Take it to someone who knows what they’re doing and prepare for a big bill.

Did anyone else just get a PM from him?

I was joking…your motor is fubard, go find another SR to put in…

yep, that would be rod knock, bearings need oil to keep them lubricated and once you lose that the bearing will just shred itself from friction against the crank. the second a bit of play develops it just gets worse as the bearing is eaten up.

New motor time, or if you’re bold you can take on the task of rebuilding.

Good luck!

he dont bash him cause he doesnt know as much as everyone else. but sorry for the bad news lol

Welcome to the world of a blown sr!!! :smiley: sorry dude you’re FUCKED expect to put $2500+ into your car to get her on the road

All he needs to do is find a short block which if lucky can be had for < $1000

Or he can buy another full motorset for like $1500+ and sell off the extra tranny, manifold, etc. etc.

In the end shouldn’t cost him any more than a few hundred $.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45881

Hey dude,

Next time you hear a retarded knocking noise coming from your engine. any ENGINE, not just an SR. PULL THE FUCK OVER and STOP DRIVING.

Im sorry to hear the bad news. PM me if you want some suggested mechanics to take a look at it and not fuck you around.