what's your caffeine intake?

The hell with the “energy drinks”

take pills. Faster intake and works better. and cheaper

i usually pop 100mg tablet in the morning if i need it. If i’m really hurting and need boost, i’ll do the full 200.

Highest i’ve done at once was a pre lift setup with 300mg of caffeine plus other uppers. It was intense and I was shaking… so i cut that dose to 150-200.

A single 200mg tablet keeps you up for hours easily.

Caffeine drinks do very very little for me. Just not enough in them but i havent tried 5-hr energy yet

the more beer i drink the less i need to rely on caffiene, infact i can’t even look at coffee if i’m hungover.

my theory is beer makes you want more water so therefore it is beneficial

Beer makes you want water because alcohol dehydrates you :slight_smile: Only natural to be thirsty when hung over. However, hungover to me makes me tired as hell but its a weak tired in that physically exhausted but cant sleep for some reason. I can never sleep as long when I’m drinking than when I dont drink.

But the next day I will need a heavy caffeine shot to keep me going

2 44oz cups of either pepsi or Mt. Dew mixed with Unbound Energy Drink at work. That’s roughly in a 10 hour period. Every now and then the “Paralyzer”. Large can of Red Bull with a 5 hour energy shot, chased with Unbound. It’ll get you wound up like Cornholio.

I think you guys should try to get a good nights sleep instead of chugging energy drinks.

Exercise, eat right, and sleep right and there is more than enough energy to last a day without all the other BS. Energy drinks and pop are some of the worst things you can put into your body.

X100000

i drink coffee because I like it… not for energy lol… a few cups a day give or take… i’ll drink coffee at 10pm before bed :dunno:

I have 1/2 - 1 cup of coffee when I get to work every morning.
And when I go out, I might drink a few greygoose and diet redbulls, other than that, thats all.

I think you guys should try to get a good nights sleep instead of chugging energy drinks.

Exercise, eat right, and sleep right and there is more than enough energy to last a day without all the other BS. Energy drinks and pop are some of the worst things you can put into your body.

You’re right, but for some of us (myself included) a good’s night sleep is not an option without major lifestyle changes we’re not willing or able to make… So RedBull it is. :slight_smile:

I used to drink 4-5 20oz Mt Dews a day. I would start 1st thing in the morning (my cofee). I had massive amounts of stress with my job these seemed to go hand in hand. About 4 years ago, I ended up in the Hospital with chest pains, thinking I was having a heart attack. They ran the full gamut of tests to find nothing wrong. A week later I had a meeting with the doctor & he determined that the caffeine & stress were causing my issues. I quit Mt Dew completely for several years. Now I can have it once in a while (maybe once/twice a month) without causing any issues.

We do not keep any pop in the house & neither of us drinks coffee. I always have pop when eating lunch, since my job is ‘on the road’. I start the morning with a bottle of Aquafina every day. I’m sure this is safer, but I’m sure I still drink too much pop. If I had the ability to cook my own lunch everyday, I bet I would drink less pop.

I am on the road every day also. I pack my lunch and take a water bottle with me.

sounds riveting… tell us more

I will write a novel about it later, I need to go do some work real quick.

Thanks for the interest :bigthumb:

You are so much cooler than me.

So you have a microwave, oven, & fridge in your vehicle?

I like mustangs and fords so I am much cooler than a GM guy, the lunch is just an added bonus. :smiley:

My cigarette lighter looks like Griswald’s xmas light plugs. No more room for a cooler.

I happen to own GM vehicles, but don’t call me a GM guy. I like 'em all. Modern GM sucks, anyway.

:cool:

I just simply cant get more than 4-5 hrs of sleep every night, my obligations wont allow it. I do however eat right and exercise often so I am halfway there. So for me its Monster. The really bad one is I had this crazy stuff my friend brought back from the Philippines called Extra Joss. It was a powder you put in 8oz of water and it turned into a redbull on crack basically. So if I was really tired I would pour that INTO a redbull and voila! Caffeine Highball.

I went thru a few years like that. I was also sick a lot and it does take a toll on everything else. I make sure I get 8 hours a night (most of the time) and I rarely get sick and am in much better health.

You got to do what you got to do, but taking care of yourself is a pretty important thing to do.

Eating and exercise makes me more tired! If i didnt lift I wouldnt be tired, but i like doing it and will never stop. And ditto on the lifestyle changes and such as other ppl mentioned. Getting more than 7-8 hrs of sleep is not enough for me and if i tried to get more I’d have to really change my life around and that just cant happen. NOt enough time in the day for everything i want to do.

It simply boils down to me NOT bein a morning person. I spent years of my life at school sleeping and staying up really late at night. 3am bed time was quite the norm. Try to throw me in society with 630am wake ups and I just wont mix in well without my energy kickers