Wheel offset

Ok, before you guys starting flaming away on how I should use the search function, I did already and it came out nothing that I wanted to search for.
After reading several posts, I’m confused as to what is the recommended offset for the s13?
I’ve read some FS posts that there seems to be some clearance issues when coilovers are installed. I even tried to google it and several sources tell me different numbers so I’m not getting consistent answers from various sources.
Anyone want to contribute without flaming?
Thanks
By the way, I’m in the process of getting Cusco comp-1 coilovers so whatever clearance issues for coilovers might be, I need to know

Third thread down in FAQ.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11258

either I’m computer illiterate or this search engine doesn’t really work for me…I’ve been getting irrevelant posts…but thanks for the link, that didn’t show up in my search results

If you read the instructions for the search function, it says at the side that if you want to search for two words as a string, use the conjunction ‘and.’ Doing a search for “wheel and offset,” the thread I linked you to was the 5th one down. That was probably your trouble.

what wheels do you have? then we can tell you if they clear

good idea…they’re motegi FF6 16x7 and not sure about the offset
I will be getting cusco comp 1 coilovers so will there be any clearance issues?
Actually, wat do I look for in terms of rubbing issues when I have coilovers?

good idea…they’re motegi FF6 16x7 and not sure about the offset
I will be getting cusco comp 1 coilovers so will there be any clearance issues?
Actually, wat do I look for in terms of rubbing issues when I have coilovers?[/quote]

Pretty much every Motegi is a fwd offset, around +42 to +45. Stock S13 is +42, so you’re adding another 1/4 inch towards the coilover. It’ll fit, just don’t run 225s.

definatly get the lowest offset possible, but i think those only come in like +40 or 42 or something?? in which case you might rub but i doubt it, nothing a 5mm spacer wont fix anyways

btw, why do you want those wheels? wouldnt it be easier to find some with the correct sizing from the start? (unless im wrong about the offsets)

I think he already has the wheels, and is wanting to get the coilovers.

it’s actually the other way around, cause I know for any car that you have to get the correct offset to avoid rubbing issues…getting the coilovers first would help me determine which wheels would fit better
Thanks guys for the response

I’m sorry but wat do you mean by the correct sizing?
I used to have a FWD car so I didn’t have much of an headache with searching for a specific offset for a set of rims

the correct sizing ideally is a low offset wheel that will require no spacers to make fit and is not “sunken” in the fender. a 16x7 +42 wheel is a very high offset and is ment more for a fwd car therefore will look crappy without spacers and may have clearance issues. a 16x7 wheel is fine but an ideal offset for that size would be somewhere around 0. imo a nice size for a 240 is around the 17x9 +20 or an 8" wheel with a slightly lower offset. you do not need anything wider than 9" inless you have power to back it up. good luck on your seach for wheels