Wheel sizes

I know a few guys on here aren’t afraid to hit a track ever now and again. Next year i’m considering taking my car to the track… mostly auto-crossing and i’ve been doing alot of reading. i’ve moved from an integra an A4 to a 1995 240sx. all different platforms… I was wondering what wheel sizes would you guys recommend. I’m putting my mind more towards 15" rims with thick tyres like 15x7 or 15x8…less weight…

what do you think?

thanks in advance…

What kind of power are you putting down? Wider is better for the most part, but its not like you’ll need 275’s if your running a stock KA.

I will be doing the minor mods… intake and exhaust. mostly suspension work tho… gonna run the Ka until it dies then i’ll see what options are available at that time…

wheel diameter is really up to you, but you can usually find better sized wheels in 17" as opposed to a 15", but yes 15’s are lighter. IMO a 8/9 stagger with a 225/245 tire will give you PLENTY of grip with a decent tire and will leave you room to up your power.

open diff. 15x8.
i have been twice…great fun
but my set up is not autox friendly

I’m actually debating a t25 set up… so the smaller wheels might help alot… less weight …

i got 18x13 in the rear

with streched 285s

hahahha well I got 18 x 10.5 with 265/35/18 in the FRONT!

aahahhaah i have stock ka to the bone intake box. what?

sidenote i run 17x9 x9.5 225-235-245 with my ka

i’m running 16x7.5 +25 with 205/55s on the front, and the rear i run whatever i have but i have a pair of 16x7.5 +38 that i would throw on with a 30mm spacer.

haha im a lieing SOB

my new rims are either 18x10.5 +15 all around

or 17x9.5+15 front and 18x9.5+15 rear

I’m running 285’s all around on 18x10.5 boo ya lol. switching to 305’s next year. But my car doesn’t count…

Some actual good advice would be if you ever want to upgrade your brakes to something larger, 15s would limit you doing so. Just something to keep in mind if you want to track your car. Try to find some nice 16x8 wheels.

^^Thanks for the advice^^…18x10, 17x9 on a mostly stock KA… does your car feel sluggish? what other supporting mods do you have to overcome the extra weight? or is it just a looks thing for you guys?

i drift on stock ka. just the acceleration is slower on the straight with a wider wheel. but the grip and handling i get on the turn is worth it.

ur not gna get 2 sets of rims. one for track only and one for daily. unless u have such baller expenses lol. u want ur rim to look good too. so i suggest upgrading from 15s. their too tiny on 240sx

I have a pair of 15x 7 on my integra i was gonna use but… 17’s seems to be the size of choice…

Thanks Lucid

anyone else??

here’s a link http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/

For next year I’ll be running 16x11 -5 offset wheels all around.

whoa… 16x11…I’m not great with the wheel thing but would that even work?

Mark has gone to the jdm side :stuck_out_tongue:

255/40/17 17x9+17 all around :slight_smile: Feels awesome in dry. Stock KA with usual boltons. Just right.