When is switching to all business casual bad?

or anyone that has any fashion sense can tell the difference

seriously.,. wear the pants and jacket to work. with no tie. remove jacket at work. problem solved.

No, its more professional bottom line.

I dont really care about wearing out $500 suits, I bought them knowing that they would be worn out from daily use. However, wearing out $500 suits when you could be wearing out $100 pants instead is pretty dumb. Besides, wearing pants from a suit just as pants is pretty piss poor fashion sense anyway.

I’m just going to go with the suit sans tie until I get around to picking up some business casual stuff.

For the immediate future, pants and a button down or thin sweater will do.

Tho, yes, the situational change does suck.

But what type of people typically have “good fashion sense”?

Insecure dingbats, that’s who.

+1 karma for use of dingbats.

lol @ dingbats.

and lol @ Walter trying to sound like he’s the ceo of a bank.

Sucks though, Brett. Trade a pair of suit pants for that ‘Fucking Awesome’ hoodie and wear that to work.

bwahahah

:word: people in shitty paying buffalo jobs should spend 20% of their net income on clothes to wear to said jobs to impress the people that pay them shittily.

^ you know there are some good paying jobs in buffalo.

Define good paying

I would consider mid 50s low 60s with just an undergrad degree in your early/mid 20s is pretty good considering the low cost of living.

No it “looks” more proffesional. Has nothing to do with work quality or output.

Personally, I think the ties tend to cut off circulation to the brain. Which would explain some of the dumb ass decisions I see made on a daily basis.

pac sun polos and khakis

those jobs pay a lot more everywhere else. my point was if you make that much you have like 35-40k after taxes. why spend a fifth of it on clothes that youre only buying for work?

Yes, there are plenty of good paying jobs in Buffalo, especially considering the low cost of living.

However, its not the kind of market where you can get an undergrad degree in communication and expect to cruise into a cushy job. Even a marketable undergrad degree alone won’t get you very far. You need to stand out from everyone else with a grad degree and/or experience.

If you don’t like that then look somewhere else :gotme:

Thats right. Every low level employee can point out the problems with management but do they ever have a solution?? Almost never.

Its looks more professional and I think it makes people act more professional. Its business its not a playground.

lol making 200K in NYC < making 60K in buffalo (ibbutidon’twanttoliveinManhattan)

I live like a king and I’m not making six figures…I wouldn’t leave my job for anything in CA/NYC for less than 250

So seriously, best of luck to you in the big cities with your MBA I hope you join the ibanking superstars pulling 7 figure bonuses

NYC is nice if you like a dirty city.