Where did you ride today?

Hope a mod can make this a sticky…cough…RX3…cough

There seems to be more and more riders. I love going out and just cruising. Different places, different roads, different ways to get there.

No matter how many times you may have driven down a road, when you ride down it it’s like experiencing it all over again for the first tme.

So with that said. Post up where you rode today and if possible take pictures. This will make for a good discussion and maybe give others ideas where to cruise to.

I just got in from Rochester, took the 33 into the city and then shot over to Dinosaur BBQ for food and friday bike night.

Yesterday I rode to Toronto and spent a good portion of the night in China town eating authentic chinese food and hating myself for the massive amounts of food I ate.

POST UP WHERE YOU WENT. Try to be a little descriptive :slight_smile:

Friday - Left to meet a friend on his chopper at Erie and NF Blvd. Last night was Wilson Bike night. As soon as I hit the Blvd, it started raining a bit. Big drops, not too bad. Got to Erie and it stopped. We decided to go for it. The theory was that we could only get so wet. lol

About 1 mile up 425 a monsoon started. Fenderless choppers make fantastic rooster tails. lol I pulled my T-Shirt up over my nose and we kept going. Soaked to the skin and we were freezing at 50 mph.

The rain stopped at Ridge road and the temp went up to what felt like 100 degrees. When we got to Wilson, we were “semi” dry and the bikes looked like crap.

It was worth the trip as there were probably 4 - 5 hundred bikes there. Was a really good time. :tup:

My friend’s chopper:

The way they looked up close:

i rode my jetski on lake erie at hamburg beach until the cops kicked me out for not having a launch permit. or reg. or insp. on my trailer.

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:2,topic:33413"”]

Friday - Left to meet a friend on his chopper at Erie and NF Blvd. Last night was Wilson Bike night. As soon as I hit the Blvd, it started raining a bit. Big drops, not too bad. Got to Erie and it stopped. We decided to go for it. The theory was that we could only get so wet. lol

About 1 mile up 425 a monsoon started. Fenderless choppers make fantastic rooster tails. lol I pulled my T-Shirt up over my nose and we kept going. Soaked to the skin and we were freezing at 50 mph.

The rain stopped at Ridge road and the temp went up to what felt like 100 degrees. When we got to Wilson, we were “semi” dry and the bikes looked like crap.

It was worth the trip as there were probably 4 - 5 hundred bikes there. Was a really good time. :tup:

[/quote]

Oh man, going up to TO there was a 30% chance of rain but I said fuck it, when I started to leave my buddies shop there was lightning starting in the distance. I’m like great I’m gonna get stuck in a monsoon on one of these huge bridges on the QEW. soooooooo… I hit the 407 and tried to out run the storm :stuck_out_tongue: The lightning kept getting closer and closer and closer, alot like in the movie poltergeist. It got the point where HUGE bolts of lightning were striking towers and things all around my vicinity but no rain for some reason. At this point the bike is in 6th and running at around 11,000 rpm. All those gentle sweeping turns become kinda hariy at 130. Eventually I got around the lake and started heading east again and it was behind me. I was soo happy that I didn’t get caught in rain on the QEW that would have sucked.

[quote=“newman,post:3,topic:33413"”]

i rode my jetski on lake erie at hamburg beach until the cops kicked me out for not having a launch permit. or reg. or insp. on my trailer.

[/quote]

Lol.

i got some stickers for ya. :snky:

My boat still runs like shit. :meh:

i rode on the 125 south, to the 52. takes you through the mountains, and the desert. when i left my house it was 88 degrees, mountain like 30, saw some snow and then the desert had to be like 110+ awessssooomeeeeeeeee.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Talk about a change in temp. I am supposed to ride a friends Harley Davidson Night Rod Special to Pittsburgh for him and then come back in time to ride to ATL. I will have pics for that one.

Today a customer of mine and I were talking and he has a bike he didn’t want to ride to pittsburgh where he is currently staying so I told him I would bring it to him. I’m down for a long ride, will probably head to ATL on my bike afterwords from there not sure yet. Long story short, he brought me the bike and told me to have fun with it and FUN I SHALL!!!

I rode up to Niagara Falls today, the entire length of the Robert Moses to Fort Niagara, down 104 and back to Taffys. After about 120 miles of cruising no back problems it is an interesting bike. Very long wheel base so slow tight turns are kinda sketchy. Has gobs of torque and pulls really well for a Harley. Revs to about 9k. Torque starts at about 1,500 and pulls all the way to redline. Has a bad ass 240 rear tire, handles ok, shouldn’t have had forward controls but otherwise wasn’t too bad. Should be a very nice ride to Pittsburgh. I will have more pictures for that ride it’s kinda hard to take pics and ride at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02132.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02133.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02134.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02135.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02136.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02137.jpg

God I love when customers are like, here go play, and bring it to me when you are done. I’m not gonna lie, it’s a perk of the job that I will never get sick of. It’s a nice feeling of respect to be trusted like that. This is a Harley Davidson V-Rod Night Rod Special.

if you guys ever want to know some really nice roads for the bikes i could show you guys some, i know a ton of roads in this area that have a lot of curves and a blast to ride on.

Sounds good, although I wouldn’t take the Harley on something like that. My suzuki isn’t too bad but does not lean like any real sport bike.

carnut I will show you some roads and how to ride with your knee on the ground for some exhaust work on the crx:pimp:

Done and done!

drove from fredonia, ny to home in jersey :wink:

thats all.

thats a sweet harley, that one right there is about the only one id ever consider riding/doing burnouts everywhere with.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:13,topic:33413"”]

drove from fredonia, ny to home in jersey :wink:

thats all.

[/quote]

RIDE hun, RIDE :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“AndyB,post:11,topic:33413"”]

carnut I will show you some roads and how to ride with your knee on the ground for some exhaust work on the crx:pimp:

[/quote]

says the guy who hasnt popped his knee on the ground cherry… :clap::clap:

nice bike don… you can disregard my pm lol… very cool… bike looks great

so funny willy, you havent rode with me in two summers, dont make me come out and show you the ropes, while your out doing wheelies in sandals, shorts and cut offs, us real men are out riding the curves, dont mess with the best, oh and dont hate on me because you have crashed 4 out of the last 4 seasons:biglol:

ps, i still love you though

[quote=“Willybeen,post:16,topic:33413"”]

says the guy who hasnt popped his knee on the ground cherry… :clap::clap:

nice bike don… you can disregard my pm lol… very cool… bike looks great

[/quote]

[quote=“Carnut,post:15,topic:33413"”]

RIDE hun, RIDE :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

i was riding along shotgun :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: mwah!

ell oh ell

don that bike is super fucking awesome… first harley i ever liked