Where do you keep your money? Online banks? Local banks?

Who do you keep your money with?

I am looking for a bank, or cu.

Who do you use? and why? Do you use web, mobile banking?

This is the gary burch way :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17278[/ATTACH]

This is the N2o way… :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17277[/ATTACH]

Bank of America.

The online interface is excellent,its linked to my BoA CC,the mobile banking is good. I’ve never had any problems with them in the past 3 years.

i bank at evans

1. online banking is awesome and really easy to use
  2. 3% interest on checking account, which is also free. there are some rules ie. have to have auto bill pay and direct deposit
  3. can use any key bank atm for free as long as you take out $100 or more
  4. they are 1 min away from my apt, and 1 min away from my work

errr, come to think of it there are none near you. lol

know of any promo’s going on?

Lol, what’s money?

^beat me to it.

HSBC right now, but I’m tired of how slow they are to innovate.
No mobile banking
No smartphone apps
Old batch system running debit card transactions (shit takes forever to post)

Probably moving my accounts over to M&T. I’d go with an online bank but the small company I work for doesn’t offer direct deposit so I want some place with a branch that is between my office and my work since every 2 weeks I actually have to deposit a check.

I’ve been with the same credit union since i was like 12. The once “Orchard Park FCU”, now called “Great Erie FCU”. Seems like they have some negative ideas in store along with their new name, so I may be looking elsewhere too.

online saving at hsbc, offer around 1% interest on it

they also have some refer a friend get some money, 25 gift card to amazon, friend deposits 500 or more they get 25 to amazon, not a big deal but i got that in an email the other day

HSBC for now, but I’ll be moving to a local bank shortly… If you need real loans, a local bank is so much more friendly and willing to help vs the big boys.

I have a buddy at northwest, I think they are out of PA, local enough for me vs HSBC. They have a iphone app and text commands for other phones, I doubt i’ll see that on HSBC anytime soon.

I had an HSBC online savings early on when they paid 4.05%. I’ve watched that get chopped down with the central rate and to me 1% is not even worth bothering. That won’t beat inflation. It’s not worth 1% to have my money locked up in a bank in case the uber rare run on the banks was to occur. Bump it back to 4% and I’ll prolly look at online savings again. Jam has me interested at 3%…might be close enough for me to look. I’m pretty sick of HSBC myself.

old credit union and now TD bank… gradually going to move more to TD bank as time goes by but not in a rush.

no clue what the interest rates are and i don’t keep anything in interest bearing accounts anyways…

I had most of my money in Ally when they were far and away the highest, they just dropped below ING, so I put my money back in there. Still use Chase for checking since I like there bill payment system.

The rest is in the market or in a 401k.

in my wifes purse. coffee money is in my wallet

wherever thats convenient to you since they all offer the shitty interest rates right now. local, online, cds, etc all have like 1% give or take.

Why don’t you look at the interest rate as a selling point? Just curious.

Key for checking

ING for savings.

Those of you that are complaining about HSBC’s systems, hang in there. The deposit systems are getting converted by the half-year point. It will start with real-time debit and then you’ll see smartphone apps and the like shortly thereafter. I sit right next to the team that’s running this project.

Citizens Bank. Open 7 days a week and til 7pm on weekdays. Fits my needs. I use a credit union for any kind of loan i get though.

Been with M&T since I first started up an account when I was like 10 lol. Joined a local CU that many of my co-workers go through but can’t complain about my experiences with M&T.