Where I have been for the past few weeks... *56k no*

I have been working on a habitat for humanity project for the past 3 weeks, figured i’d share a few pics. I have learned an absolute ton, and, to my surprise, am having a good time. Im impressed with myself at how far i have come in terms of just being able to work a solid 7hr day of manual labor.

The crew consists of about 6 people my age, and about 4-5 retired guys…

When we showed up, there was just a foundation. Today we did shingles.

What truly blows is we have no pneumatic nailers, its all done with a hammer. Also, no cherry picker to lift roof trusses. Those were kind of a pain in the ass to get up there.

Being the big guy kinda sucks here, everyone expects you to lift heavy shit all day lol

On to crappy cell phone pics.

Pics from the 2nd day…

Pics from tuesday of this week…

pfffffft architecture nerds… lol

:tup: dude

[quote=“Willybeen,post:2,topic:30198"”]

pfffffft architecture nerds… lol

:tup: dude

[/quote]

lol

I cant believe how much I have learned…

more beneficial than most of my classes

Nice work, Carl. :tup:

:tup: Good on you man. Hell, that looks like fun.

cool., bet thats fun, that blue house or whatever next to it, needs a new roof, :lol:

Good work for a good cause. :tup:

One of these days I want to do something like that. The things you learn about houses would be invaluable.

is this one of the things Dick arranges the arc students to do?

:tup: to you Carl. To bad it is going to be a waste and likely go to a shit family who will never take care of it.

Awesome Carl :tup:

sick. you doing it with dick? I wanted to do it this summer but obv my chance is already over. do you know if there are any others, or just the one for summer

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:9,topic:30198"”]

:tup: to you Carl. To bad it is going to be a waste and likely go to a shit family who will never take care of it.

[/quote]

You are a moron.

Did the same thing when i was in africa, isn’t it a great feeling?

:tup: to you man. World needs more people like you.

[quote=“Rx3,post:12,topic:30198"”]

You are a moron.

[/quote]

sad to say, thats what 50% go to… I hope not though on this one.
done my fair share of that kind of work years ago.

How do you get into that kind of work, and do they do it on nights and weekends? can during the day. I like that kind of work, and I hope I can do it without joining the white man santa claus money maker inc.

send me a pm how ti look into it please

[quote=“Rx3,post:12,topic:30198"”]

You are a moron.

[/quote]

You have no idea what you are talking about. I see these people everyday. I am not trying to take anything away from Carl. But I see these nice brand new houses built, and then the worst scum of the earth move in and its a disgusting mess in about a week. I’m sure anyone who has a job like mine where you are in peoples homes all day everyday will agree.

I’ve gotta agree, sad as it is, the ones I helped build, we went back 3-6 months later to deliver thanksgiving baskets, I almost puked.

Still, great cause!

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:11,topic:30198"”]

sick. you doing it with dick? I wanted to do it this summer but obv my chance is already over. do you know if there are any others, or just the one for summer

[/quote]

Nah, its a one shot deal. Only one class per year. And you gotta sign up maddd early, because it fills up in like 15mins.

Like I said, i have learned so much. Shingling in 90* heat is the worst experience of my life though.

And I am aware the house will probably turn to shit. We met the families who are getting them (we built four) and they seem not so trashy though…