Where to buy a cheap ($500 or less) suit of reasonable quality in the buffalo area

have a few older suits that have seen better days that I paid $300 or so for and was pretty happy with the quality for the price.

have a string of interviews coming up and want to pick up a new suit. Willing to spend around $500 if its worth it. if there isn’t a big upgrade in quality I wouldn’t mind staying around the $300 level though.

very tall and somewhat slim build if it matters

thanks guys

Honestly I’d check out the outlet mall in Niagara Falls. I really like the Calvin Klein stuff and it’s not too terribly priced.

I usually check out Mens Warehouse. You can usually score Buy 1 get 2 or something. Some of my best suits are Calvin Kleins that I got from there on a bog2 deal.

Yeah check out the outlet mall, I just got a great Brooks Brothers suit from there it was about $350. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I needed something for a job interview but because I don’t wear suits to work the only thing I had was almost 10 years old.

I used M. Wyle in the past for a few suits but I BELIEVE that they have since closed up shop which sucks as they had NICE stuff for a great price.

maybe sure you leave room in your budget for tailoring. it’s doesnt matter what a suit cost if it doesn’t fit right and almost nobody hits every dimension off the shelf.

Tailoring is super important…if you buy a really nice suit that doesn’t fit right, it’s basically like buying a super cheap suit that does fit right.

thanks guys, yeah I always get at least some tailoring done, usually just use whoever they recommend. Need to locate a good tailor though, anyone have someone good?

If you buy it through Mens Warehouse, they will measure you and do the tailoring right in house.

Chayban

+1 Mens Wearhouse. Or Macy’s Mens Store on the blvd and then have it tailored at Alfio’s across the street. I think he’s still there.

I feel like Bing is cringing behind the monitor right now. I got mine at Mens Warehouse. They work for the 3 times a year I need them, if that.

I’m over wearing suits. Good for interviews, weddings, and shareholder meetings. Slacks and a shirt and tie is plenty.

Still have my one and only suit from Men’s Wearhouse. Bought it near 15 years ago. I like the way it made me look.

Chayban’s tailored my military uniforms. Did a nice job first try.

Thanks for the help everybody.

and yes im sure bing is committing suicide just so he can roll over in his grave

Jeez, the military doesn’t take care of that?

http://media.tumblr.com/fa20c7c12406e8bb9741c550c77e1a54/tumblr_inline_mi8bu9UC5i1qz4rgp.gif

haha Active Duty bases have tailor/Laundromat services. Around here you have to go to a place to have them tailored if you want them to fit properly rather than a garbage bag. We fill out forms and get reimbursed for it though.

http://www.getdressedbuffalo.com/

Not the cheapest place but the service is second to none. It is a small mom and pop shop. The Suits come with free lifetime tailoring.

Try burlington coat factory
I just bought a nice suite from there and had the pants fitted. When i got home realized it was a sean john and paid under 200 with new pair of dress shoes. Go during the week to avoid the Canadian rush. If you have time to look you will def find a nice suite.

Does Toronto have a Suit Supply? If so, I think it’s worth it to go there.