where to buy TRUE HID headlight kit?

last night i was in shadyside and i saw an older 240sx… slammed on nice wide tires… 18’s… det… bla bla… anyway it had true h.i.d’s, and i was very impressed on how well they looked! it was the crystall blue color…

looked really good on the older 240 and it got me thinking i want true hid’s for the truck ansd six…

anyone ever look into them?

i’m pretty sure they made them illegal.

they did. If its not factory on te car its illegal now due to some of the kits being too “bright” and causing problems.

aftermarket kits are illegal. OEM kits are not. Someday im gonna gank a set of projectors from an E55 and fabricate them into the Max’s headlight housings. And even if they are, :gives: So is tint, test pipes (or fucking with anything that has to do with emissions), and all sorts of other shit that people do all the time.

it may just be easier for you to order the HID’s from the newer maximas or infinitis that come stock with them…thats what i plan to do.

Besides…you dont really want any German parts on your car, do you? :tounge:

so what r u doing ? pop up conversion? or flush mount… style?

they 240 in the burgh was identical to yours but had window’s blacked out… and hid’s.,. dished wheel… looked really really good! :eek2:

:rofl::rofl:

Doug, you can order “true HID” kits online still. You have to order them through an overseas shops. Tuning companies not in the US. :slight_smile:

Another option, however fairly pricey option, is to order a replacement set from a dealership. I’d bet you could go to a Mercedes dealership and order a replacement set. Tell them the set on your E55 burnt out. :rofl:

yeah thats another option too. UNless you buy a set of projector housings, which all seem to look like ricey shit, you’re gonna have to retrofit so the possibilities are endless.

wtf is so special about HIDs explain to me, Im stoopid

there brighter

you live damn close to sewickley, so Im sure you know what they look like.

HID’s use xenon gas/metal halide filled bulbs. A big ass electrical charge is applied and the gases light up. There is no filament like a regular bulb.

They iz sick tyte JDM y0! All themz JDM whips gots HID :jdm:

if it aint factory on that year it = rice

Well there’s not much left on your SS that was from the factory either, does that mean it’s rice too? :wink:

WHEAT******

custom

horseshit. HID = teh win

rice same as blue gauges and painted interior

i just hate them in my rearveim mirror!!! :finger: