Where to find German Castrol Syntec?

You cannot compare race cars to our DD. We do not disassemble our blocks after every “weekend warrior” track event, nor can any of us really afford too (some may).

If you would like to indulge yourself in some intense reading, then I would recommend having a look over at the UOA thread that david linked. It will dispel most “myths” with regard to personal opinions and Fanboi attitudes towards major manufacturers/brands/labels. It will provide you with the added ammo necessary to make an informed decision, and perhaps aide in providing a more suitable setup for your particular needs.

I hope you don’t misinterpret my intentions in this response. My only hope is that, you look over the scientific evidence based off of “real world” usage and use that information to determine what would best suit your setup or needs.

Actually we are not “debating” which oils work best. We are basing these decisions off of scientific UOA samples, tested at two of the leading facilities in the US.

^Agreed +100

That’s all I look at now. Never looking at branding and marketing hype again. UOA ANALYSIS FTMFW.

^agreed…

I will be switching to mobil1 for my next change… :smiley:

Amsoil looks promising, better than mobil1. I’m sure it can hold up if used with a thicker weight…

amsoil is not bad. they also have a german car forumla brand.

i’ve used it for most of last year. can’t complain. CT has it, but its only one of the amsoil brands. there is a warehouse in mississauga that has everything amsoil, but its out of the way just to get oil.

^IIRC there’s one in newmarket too. Closer to my house.

ok xero i got it its around 290 for
10 litres

TWENTY-NINE BUCKS A LITRE???

I’ll probably just use Amsoil then.

yep

theres only a couple places you can get it besides the bmw dealership THE ONLY oil that is allowed to be poured into m3 very specific actually the only reasdon they sell here is for m3 I wonder how much the oil cost from dealer probobly like 35 bucks a litre , but the boys over at this shop i told them what its for and what car its for they said on the track it will work like a charm well w? u want let me know

This is for amsoil?

^german castrol

so they are marking it up by more then 300%!!!

wow, I will sell it for $15!:smiley:

lol, funny $29/Litre.

Just found it today… for $8.50 a Litre. Yes it’s the German Castrol, it says “made in germany” on the back. So $29/L is a pure rip off

LoL! I had to quote this again… BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

dude, do you need money that bad?..
And which shop is this that “hooks” you up? dam, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHH!

mcnallys NEVER GO THERE OFFICIALY the oil is 15 60 or something they also sell it at bmw dealer, xero plz show me where so i can go and beat the **** out of that guy for even daring himself to tell me that price the shop is use by my work for repairs they specillize in jag and bmw rover as soon as xero give’s me info im gonna raise hell there and im gonaa get my friends to **** them up sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry guys i flipeed when i saw the replies