Where to get a suit for 500-600 dollars

My mom wants to get me a suit for christmas. i have a hugo boss suit that was like 1400 and a one from jc penny that was like 300. She wants to spend about 500 to 600 on it and she was thinking joseph bank. But i was wondering if mens warehouse was better for something like that or even riverside mens shop or somethin. Like i said both of my suits are not within the price range of what she wants to spend and i was just looking for some insight.

J.C. Penney, Men’s Wearhouse

what kind of a person wears a 1400 dollar suit?

Are you a CEO of a company that wears a suit everyday?

Is that the question he asked? Don’t derail the thread for him.

^
+1 Unless, you are wearing one everyday and are high up on the totem pole, $1400 is way too much. You can get a nice one all tailored and everything at J.C. Penney for ~$300-400.

i like nice clothes, and the amount of the different types of shirts i have kind of reflects how often i wear them. I have many hoodies and buttondowns kuz i wear those a lot. I dont wear suits too often unless im going to a wedding or some formal event, or maybe i just feel like going dress to impress somewhere, but its not that often so i only have 2 of them.

i got a pretty solid suit at express for about $400 belt included lol

This is probably the last place I would ask for advice on suits.

^agreed. ask your gay friends.

Your answering your own question. If you wear them on a very rare occasion, save your mom the $500-600 that be left sitting in a closet and suggest something more practical.

IMO, if I’m wearing a suit every day I want a cheap one that if I rip or spill shit on I can throw it away. Save the expensive suits for the handful of times I’m going out to something more formal than work.

Carl (VQ30DE) or Joe (JoesTypeS) know what they’re talking about when it comes to suits.

Napoli for high end

Syms and a GOOD tailor (Sergio on main st. in williamsville) will be best for you. Unless you’re a fatty like me and have a regular size you can get a Hugo boss suit for 600ish at syms.

Ot: lol I haven’t worn a suit in a LONG time. I have a professional job and all I wear are crappy jeans and shitty shirts and sweet sneakers. Good for me.

I have two suits from Men’s Warehouse. I look damn good in them.

have fun with your fused suits.

+1, LOVE him.

also, lord and taylor, j.crew, banana republic, and macy’s should all have viable options.

Do not buy a JC penneys suit

For 5-600 you can get a good suit at the saks at the outlet mall, you can get like a Zenga, Burberry, etc.

Don’t buy pleated pants, make sure you get it tailored, don’t get anything too crazy so you can use it down the road for job interviews.

it was her idea and im not gonna say no kuz its been a couple years since i bought one and it would be nice to get a new one

truth… CK, Banana suits are always under $300 and i suspect are Dayang Suits… see here: Buffett sizes up rags-to-riches China tailor - CNN.com

Hugo Boss outlet is always 40% off their suiting there too… i picked one up for $350 or so.

Any rack suit will be full cut so you’ll have to take it to a tailor anyways.

edit: Brooks Brothers is rad too

Word? Why?

+1 for Brooks Brothers - You can not go wrong with one of the originals