Where to go locally for computer repair?

Long story short, I am not capable of diagnosing why I can’t get XP pro to load on a rebuilt computer of mine. Rather than dick around trying to troubleshoot it I’d like to just drop it off somewhere, and pick it up a few days later in working condition. Can anyone recommend some good stores that may offer what I’m looking for? I have never really had to deal with something like this, so I’m a bit clueless!

probably a few dozen guys on here that could do it within an hour or so…

i got a guys number that is a geneius with computers and has redone ours at least 6 times. pm me if you want it, he does great things with them and is cheap.

clean baldy

he does good work at good prices, dont take it to a mainstream place, they will rape you on price.

If anyone meets this criteria, and is available asap…please pm me.

Thanks!

pmed you the info bro, hopefully that works out for you, guys great with computers!

I’m unemployed and can use some side work.
PM me if you can use my help.

thanks

If he has done it 6 times… he’s obviously not doing it right.

I was going to say…

:picard:

I’ll do it. $30

PM Clean Baldy

he has fixed up a number of computers on here…

Yeah just have someone on here do it for a few bones. If you take it to a store you might as well just buy a new dell for $300 and sell the old one on here.

Clean Baldy :tup:

Jeff - Clean Baldy just did some work on a computer for me

Do you have any references?

I will also pm Clean Baldy…thanks all for the leads:)

lol not true, if they keep clicking YES I WANT TO INSTALL ANTIVIRUS 2009 there’s not much that can save them :slight_smile:

we even had a lady PAY for antivirus 2009 on her home computer.

Not really, I fixed 3 computers for people at the Derrick Corp. The rest is family work. If Clean Baldy wants to do it that’s fine.

PM’d. :slight_smile:

If my assumptions as to what happened are correct, I’ll have no problem getting it up and running again. Sounds like the hardware was changed and it is blue screening at startup.

Not really.

I’m unfortunately one of those “computer guys” that friends and family call up whenever they have problems and it’s usually the same issues where they keep downloading stupid shit and got spyware and viruses that freeze up their computer. Even after I’ve already helped them with the same problem previously and warned them before.

Haha, some people just don’t get it. But it’s making me a little $$$ on the side.

I got Mike hooked up this time. Just waiting for him to pick it up. :slight_smile:

He brought me a couple of computers (Pentium 4 2.2 and 2.53) and I got the best of both and put them together. Tested everything, got a fresh install of windows installed, saved all of his data, got everything all set and some nice software “extras” I threw in, just because :stuck_out_tongue:

The hard drive checks took the longest, as he had two he wanted. It would have been done yesterday (less than 24 hours) if I wasn’t thorough with the old hardware.