Where to go on my Honeymoon and still save cash

So I get married August 1st and we have yet to pick a place to go on our honeymoon. I said does it really matter, all we need is a bed and 4 walls BUT she wants to go some where. We dont want to spend a lot of cash of course so instead of going to an island (remember its hurricane season) we were thinking cruise. Thats still going to be around 3,000. Then we were thinking is there any place local or at least maybe we can drive to. Lake Placid, Adirondacks, some where.

You guys have any thoughts?

BTW, there is no:needpic:

ok well maybe just a teaser
http://www.custombuiltspas.com/Girl%20in%20hot%20tub%20with%20drink.jpg
:mamoru:

Quebec City?

I just came from a wedding there this past summer. Awesome city great sites. But you will have to drive because flying is ridiculously expensive.

My wife and I went to Sandals in the Bahamas and it was GREAT. The drinks were strong, the food was fantastic, the service was amazing, and there was a ton to do. We have absolutely no complaints and it wasn’t too much $. Also, we went at the end of July/Early August and weren’t scurrrrrrd of any Hurricanes.

Hawaii. Flight won’t be too cheap but you can make the rest of the trip pretty inexpensive if you plan right.

lake winnipesaukee up in new hampshire…paugus bay is pretty sandy and connects to the lake through a canal…you can rent jetskis or boats or whatever and pull right up to any restaurant or bar or whatever you want…and the scenery out there is awesome…about a 9 hour drive but its a great area and theres alot of places to check out within a few hours…also you could go to portsmouth/kittery maine and get some damn good seafood as well…thats a couple hours from the lake…around august time out there its pretty comparably temp wise but usually alot sunnier.

mexico right about now, it will be real cheap :slight_smile:

CAPE COD! rent a house, drink on the beach, catch clams at low tide… i used to go every summer and i want to go back so badly

or if you could find a cheap flight to florida hutchenson island is beautiful. very chill, very nice

i would make it different than somewhere you can go at anytime

that’s my advice

You can get a “sell-off”, a last minute all-inclusive to one of the Caribbean islands, for prob 1500 total for 2 people out of Toronto if you can wait til like 2 weeks before you go to book it. I would check the deals on www.airtransatholidays.com or www.signaturevacations.com
Prices on there are in Canadian. Divide by the exchange rate of today to see the actual price.

so were thinking lake placid

5hr drive
about 1500 for the week and theres a bunch to do if we want to venture out the room

Niagara Falls

Honeymoon city

Probably the wrong timing, but about once a year I like to take the misses to the florida gulf coast.

We fly into orlando, usually 59 dollars each way on southwest.

Rent a car in orlando, usually under 20 dollars per day. Drive it to the gulf coast. We usually stay right in Saint Pete Beach.

Great white sand, very clean, nice restaurants in Tampa nearby. We love it there.

It can be done very cheap. I usually stay at one of the decent hotels on the gulf for 60-80 bucks a night on priceline.

We usually end up getting this place on priceline.
http://www.grandplazaflorida.com/