WHERE TO have D2 coilovers serviced. -

I found out today that the bearing which holds the strut in-line has been busted so now the wheel can wobble back and fourth a bit causing it to pull and i cant really have an allignment done till thats fixed. does anyone know of a place that could take apart my coilover and replace that??

WTB: 1 front D2 coilover!

What bearing? The pillow mount? Or is there a bearing on the sturt? Talk to bing.

a mechanic at VW said there is a bearing on the strut itself (under the purple) and that is broken therfore its not keeping the strut straight and it threw off my camber drastically. (so my wheel went pigeon-toed) id really like to get this serviced if anyone knows how to do this I will bring the strut to them if it might save some cash (otherwise i’ll have to save up till mid-summer to get the nice tien ss adfc setup i like)

moved this back into tech for a bit…

the pillow top is completely removable and it 1-piece.

if you take it off there is no bearing on the strut / damper itself.

the damper is just the threaded body and the piston that is threaded at the top. the camber top, which the bearing is a part of, slips over the piston and a nut threads over it.

take the coilover out and take it apart, this can be done with a couple wrenches… 8mm, 10mm and a 19mm maybe?

if the bearing is infact shot you may be able to see it, regardless it is not hard to replace.

other camber top mounts may or may not be interchangeable.

call D2 USA, i dont deal with them anymore so i cant help you out really