Where to rekey your locks

Picked up a new storm/screen door with a lock and I don’t like having two keys. I googled a few local key smiths…just wondering if anyone has had positive or negative reviews to share.

Thanks

I had Lockman Locks re-key everything when my mom bought a new house. Prices were reasonable, service tech was on time and professional.

These things are awesome. It might actually be cheaper to buy a lock for your entry door that you can match to your storm door key than having a locksmith come out.

^ Out of sure coincidence I saw this last week:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR-h64WwfW8[/video]

I would hedge a bet that you could open a standard lock in the same manner though. I feel like a locksmith may be a bit biased since this invention might cut into their profits.

I love the new kwikset units, they are so incredibly convenient for people looking to reuse keys or if you are a landlord they are a godsend.

It doesn’t really matter with the quality of locks on a house…

If someone wants to break in the can easily break a window etc

I completely agree. I’m not for or against them. Just good timing.

I have a standard deadbolt on my front door…and a 48" picture window next to it.

if a door window can be broken and the dead bolt is accessible, the dead bolt should be keyed on both sides. Otherwise the intruder can simply turn the latch and walk in.
I guess since its keyed on both sides, lock smiths cost twice as much.

Go to lockman he is the best!

CWJ Lock and Key - Have used Chuck for years. Incredibly reliabel, fast, and professional.

Thats what I used on the doors I purchased from you… Your father didn’t even know those things existed until he installed them.

Some storm door keys are a smaller key than the entry door so I am not sure that is possible unless your key size is the same. Try suburban lock and key?

thx guys ill call the place listed.

yea my storm door key is the same size

So I was in Lowes and I asked them about rekeying locks. They said they only rekey the locks they sell due to parts/pins that are required. It hit me that the lock I bought was from them. Saturday morning I pulled my deadbolt, brought it in and within 15-20min the guy had both sides done (keyed on both sides). Best parts was, because it was keyed on both sides every lock smith wanted to charge me $10 because it was $10 a side. Lowes charged me $5 for the whole thing
Lowes :tup: