Door locks

Hey guys, the lock on the drivers side door is broken cause someone tried to steal it or something. Its pushed in and the key won’t fit. Is there anyway I can get a new lock that will still work with the keys I already have or do I have to get a new drivers side lock that uses a different key?

go to the nissan dealership and they can order you a new lock and code it to your keys

farmer

Also, a good locksmith should be able to recode a used lock to fit your key. Same thing happened to me, but my lock was fixable.

I had the same thing happen to me. I just replaced my lock last weekend. From the Nissan dealer it was around $70 for a new cylinder and it comes with 2 keys. If you want the cylinder to match your old keys, suds240 is right, you’ll need to take it to a locksmith. The dealer wasn’t able to do it.

Or you could get a car alarm which unlocks your doors.

Did the change the keyhole in the ignition too so that it works with the new keys?

Did the change the keyhole in the ignition too so that it works with the new keys?[/quote]

You would have to use two different keys. One for the door, one for the ignition.

Did the change the keyhole in the ignition too so that it works with the new keys?[/quote]

You would have to use two different keys. One for the door, one for the ignition.[/quote]

Damn, I think i’m just gonna go with the car alarm idea like you said.

They changed the used lock to correspond to your original key. So in the end the key works in all locks, and the only lock that you have to get recoded is the one that’s fudged.

Just get a cheap alarm that unlocks the doors with the remote and the siren you could probably get one for around $100.

Yeah but it will only unlock the Passanger Door, you need a Door Lock Actuator for the Driver Side. That Costs about $20 and $50 to install.