Which car should i get?

So ive been saving up my money and ive been wondering which car i should get.

1.) Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R/Chrysler Conquest TSi

2.) EARLY (84-87) Nissan 300ZX Turbo

The Starion is easy to mod, built well, but it has Throttle Body injection, so its performance is severly limited after a certain number of mods. Not to mention a Multiport Upgrade costs like $2900, plus the time and hassle to install it. The plus side, G54BT comes with forged pistons, and a forged and Nitride treated crank. The motors run forever.

The Z (which ive been leaning more towards) Already has multiport, and from what ive been reading, the Vq30et will certainly outlast the g54b, not to mention more displacement and a bigger turbo stock.

Not to mention the Z already has a decent (not great, but decent) aftermarket, whereas the starion has very little, and any mods you buy you have to shell out a damn good buck for.

Im just curious what you guys think.

Starion + 4g63 + 20g turbo ftw

bleh, 4g63 swap is too much of a hassle, and you thought DSM’s were buggy?

what are you looking for as an end result? streetcar, racecar?

whats your hp goals with the car?

looking high threes, low fours in the HP range. Its not gonna be done right away, if im gonna put this much time and this much effort into building a car, its gonna take some time

My goals would be a respectable street and strip car that would be able to hold its own.

12s, 13s, - low/high? just throwing that question out, too…

good research on old-school turbo stuff. what about 3g supras?

ftw

you should do that swap in your s10,
btw I say the starion idea :tup:

not a fan of supras really, its either a starion, or a zed. BTW, i have about $2500 which will get me either a damn nice starion, or a decently clean zed.

and ill be shootin for low 13’s, high 12’s

conquest/starion :tup:

Fbod lol. Id go with the conquest. I’ve been in a few nice ones, they are pretty badass.

including justins, eh josh? :slight_smile:

pretty funny that up until your post, I was thinking the 3rd gen supra instead of the 300z. then when you said that, I was like " wtf, read the thread". Then i went back up and read it and kicked my own taint.

3rd gen supra > Starion > 300zx.