which car would you choose?

Hey everyone ive been looking to sell my jeep to get something better on gas. Ive been looking at the subaru foresters and the audi a4 avant wagons they both get about the same gas mileage. But im curious as to which is better over all in reliability i know the Subaru’s are great cars as far as that aspect but how do the audis compare to them? i do like the look of the audi’s better but looks aren’t everything so id like to hear what your opinions on the two.

Thanks

And for the hell of it a picture of both.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/samuraix154/525_17.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/samuraix154/subaru_forester_2003_manual_1.jpg

I’d rather be driving the audi, but to answer your question the subaru would be the better choice.

Are you a militant lesbian?

This.

Buy the Audi. If you do choose the Audi and need help finding one, let me know.

^^^ what he said.

X…

That is such a good answer. the audi will get better mpg, will be nicer to drive, your friends will think you have money, the car will make you want to drive, quattro will get you ANYWHERE, will never rust.

The subaru will be reliable, will rot out, will depreciate horribly.

I’m surprised most of us on here are mature enough to admit it… good job guys!

I agree with the above posts.

Get the forester… much more reliable… Audi’s are a nightmare

+1

If you get a well cared for Audi they can be great. I had 197k on my passat(almost the exact same as a b5 a4) and it never left me stranded. I kept up on the maintenance and it was golden.

This. You can easily substitute “Subaru” in the statement above. I don’t think you can go wrong either way, but a lot of it will depend on who you buy it from.

I would never buy something 1.8T powered. People are right the forester will probably rot out but it’ll be pretty reliable.

My Mom had a 03 forester XS that she finally got rid of last year with 190k (she bought it new)and no real problems, just general maintance. She liked the old forester so much that she found a 05 LLbean with 40k and bought that.

if it were my money I would look back a couple years and get a S4 avant. it will be the same money as the B6 and they have great power.

Yeah my GF’s parents have an older one with 220K on it. No mechanical issues, it’s starting to get rotty though.

Thanks for all the input so far guys. I’ve been looking at the wagons so that I can still transport something big if I need to. I’ve been leaning toward the subaru because I know what to expect with those for the most part where as the audi’s not so much. If I end up buy one of the 2 it will be my first none domestic so im just looking to do it right the first time lol.

Yeah, if I had to choose i go with the forester too. Not a big fan of audi/vw’s.

I have a 2010 Forester XT. Love it so much.

i must disagree. on the other hand, audis depreciate like crazy!

I get that you sell these things but I’ve owned two A4s and they were both fucking nightmares.
#1 true. #2 When it runs #3 if your friends are retards. #4 only to the dealership for more parts. #5 in comparison with…? #6 the rust prevention is nice but it’s going to be body panels. Underside will still be covered in fun seized shit from buffalo salt.

If you go audi get the V6. The 2.8 is less prone to fucking bullshit issues that will strand you on the side of a highway in a snow storm than the 1.8t. Or just carry spare coilpacks like I use to.
I really liked both of my Audis but I never got more than a month without trouble and neither were high mileage examples.
I still have a soft spot like a newborn for Audi Avants.