Who actually enjoys working on their cars?

Thanks I will take a look tonight.

I hated working on the S13 because everything was rusted and seized on, and the car was covered in undercoat that would always fall in my eyes, hair, etc… Not only that, the S13 seems to have been designed that you have to remove everything to get to even the simplest of parts.
Working on the Solara was a whole different experience, and it was actually kinda fun to work on because it was really clean, and the way everything came together made sense, I never had to google for a DIY or something like that.
The G is somewhere in the middle, it’s super clean so all the work goes like it’s supposed to, but it’s so low that I have to get it up on jackstands to do anything, and it has all these random covers to take off that annoys me. Like to change my oil, I have to remove a big f*in skid plate. Shit like that. I like working on it, but I get pissed while I’m doing the work, even though I’m really happy after.

redundance is a bitch too.

if you’re doing a job you’ve done like 5 times before, like re&re of a differential, it’s totally boring and the only thing that can happen differently is that you hurt yourself this time…lol…

i’ve never had a great time resting the diff on my chest in a parking lot with a couple $30 jacks. I wont learn anything and i’ve just got better shit to do.

Then people make fun of you because you didnt turn every bolt on the car… yeah man, that matters a whole bunch.

^hah so true. well said.

tru

I just hate fixing the daily driver at the last minute.

If you had a second car that you don’t rely on and get to work on that at your leisure, then it’s fine.