Who can paint my 240 for less than 500 bucks?

Heck yes rattlecan can come out ok if u know what you are doing and dont tag it like its an old brick wall.

The rattle can typically just doesnt lay as flat and feel as nice to the touch as a better spray job but looks can be achieved…esp in white.

[quote=“newman,post:19,topic:31450"”]

can rattlecan actually come out OK?

[/quote]

it can be decent if you actually take time to do it with a few coats and sanding it down

hmm, maybe i’ll consider it… i was thinking that if i did the prep work someone who DID know what they were doing would be able to spray it for like 200…

lol

the prep is the difficult part. if ur just going for a “meh” paintjob, its do-able. especially for someone with brains. just do it nice and evenly. As long as theres no drip marks and u done miss a ton of spots then u can most likely save it with a ton of wetsanding and polishing.

Of course I dont speak from experience, but ive spoken to a lot of ppl about it. It is my most likely course of action for paint.

[quote=“newman,post:19,topic:31450"”]

can rattlecan actually come out OK?

[/quote]

yepp.

More elbow grease. Umm, let’s see. May be off by a bit, but will still work…

• 300 grit the entire car, get rid of all deep scratches
    -primer
    -scuff primer, probably could use 300 again,600, or pads
    -paint light coats, leaving the previous coat tacky before another layer( not while still wet or completley dry), shouldnt be hard with the surface area of the car.
    -1k grit to level paint
    -clear
    -2k to level clear/get rid of orange peel
    -polish

I’m sure there is a more maticulous way to do it, but for a rattle can job, it will serve it’s purpose.

You’d have to know them pretty well to get it sprayed even in a single stage let alone base/clear. Thats even if you did all the work/prep. I know a guy that will do a full spray, door jambs ect for like 800-900 but that doesnt do any good since im 4 hrs north-east of you. But if you find someone goodluck.
p.s. I hope to see some progress soon on the bmw project.

if hes going white i dont think he needs to do jambs because the car was initially white :tup:

nah. doors got s[rayed blue. not too worried about it.

newman u have a pm from me.

kyle’s rattlecan job on my 240 fender a few years ago came out REALLY good actually haha i was really impressed, and we did it outside on a windy day no less. with some more prep/better conditions i’m sure it would come out decent :tup:

I did all of the fenders on my Beetle white a few years ago, and they turned out amazing! And that was considering that I painted in a corner of my garage in the winter, no wetsanding, and poor prepwork. I just wanted them something other than primer. It really didn’t look like it was rattlecanned, because it went on even and there was no spottiness, which is usually what makes spray paint look like ass. White is easier than any other color, in my opinion.

fender and front bumper, rattle can, no real prep work whatsoever, sprayed outside… with some clear/sanding it woulda looked really good!

http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

a lot of people are doing this apparently.

[quote=“Penfold,post:33,topic:31450"”]

[/quote]

wow, that is really good, i want to know how this will take the buffalo salt.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:34,topic:31450"”]

wow, that is really good, i want to know how this will take the buffalo salt.

[/quote]

probably like everything else it will fail in a winter or two, but hey, it was $50.

if you do some searching around mopar and honda forums, there are some really nice examples of this method. It all comes down to how much labor you want to put into it.

[quote=“Penfold,post:35,topic:31450"”]

probably like everything else it will fail in a winter or two, but hey, it was $50.

if you do some searching around mopar and honda forums, there are some really nice examples of this method. It all comes down to how much labor you want to put into it.

[/quote]

under stood. i am on the fence right now on what i want to do.

roll that shit

http://www.rickwrench.com/images-sounds/rustweb/4moslater1.jpg

rust-oleum FTW

edit:

[quote=“Penfold,post:33,topic:31450"”]

[/quote]

i didnt see this was already posted

there are people running around with 3+ year old rust-oleum. do the proper prep work and it will be fine for a daily beater

A buddy of mine just got his car painted by this guy he knows. Im pretty sure it cost $500 including the paint no body work. Its a white w/pearl 4 dr civic. I will get pics and more info.

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:32,topic:31450"”]

fender and front bumper, rattle can, no real prep work whatsoever, sprayed outside… with some clear/sanding it woulda looked really good!

[/quote]

No offense but if it would look really good if you just put some clear on and wet sanded it then why not do it…

Thats kind of like saying this car is really fast…while having no motor in it.

Man. I’m sold on the white DIY job. I can even do it in my garage. ^that guy did his outside.