who drive RHD here and is right handed?

well guys im looking at a car that is RHD, and i am right handed…i am wondering how hard it will be to try driving RHD and how long it might take to get used to/good at. anyone car to share experiences??

it takes about 5 minutes to get used to. seriously. it is really easy. Sit shotgun and shift for someone. thats about the extent of it. The weirdest part is that your blinker is on the other side.

I am right handed, and drive a RHD. It takes about 5 mins. to get used to, after that it feels more natural. The only thing you wont get used to is the blinker, but you will have the cleanist windows on your block.

haha, did you read my post?

Is the shift pattern the same? i.e. 1st gear all the way to the left?

I think it would take a while to get used to it… especially if you were going for speed/power shifting it lol

is the clutch and everything setup the same as a LHD car?

yes. the trans is the same too. Imaging picking up the whole steering assy and pedals and sliding over to the right seat. not a mirror image…

so basicly the only real difference is the steering shaft/instrament cluster? I would like to take one for a spin sometime. gotta be a little wierd at first.

lol cops gotta appreciate the fact that they wouldnt have to stand on the traffic side of the car when pulling you over

it’s funny watching them drag your passenger out and push them up against the car for riding shotgun while doing 72 in a 30…

It’s super easy. I’ve driven RHD rentals in England a few times. As they said, 5 minutes and you’re used to shifting and being over there. For some reason I don’t remember the items on the stalk being different. Perhaps it’s different from JDM RHD? Or maybe I just don’t remember. It’s been over a year.

ROFL! Full story please.

heh, that’s about the extent of it, minus the apology of the cop to my buddy… he was cooled down a bit after that… but still pretty pissed off…

ahahaha noob cop :slight_smile: that must have been funny

Can you steer with your left hand? But… you’re right handed. How is that possible?? Oh. Wait. I’m being sarcastic. Surely you’re not “handed” when it comes to opening doors, carrying objects, scratching an itch, holding a railing, etc.

When presented with a shifter in your left hand, and a steering wheel in your right, your hands will know what to do. Especially when you HAVE to do it. Assuming you don’t crumble under pressure.

what wasn’t funny was the 400 dollar fine…

Everyone in Japan is left handed, duh.

hahah…

im driving RHD car right now since im still in Indonesia right now…

like said before, the first time i start driving again back home, I had the cleanest window…lol…always try to switch the left switch instead of the blinker switch which is on the right side…

other than that, I actually find it pretty OK…i just feel that LHD cars are the “real” deal and how cars suppose to be…lmao

i don’t think so…i believe many are right handed…

and so how we are down here in indonesia…RHD with right-handed…we find shifting with left-hand to be just fine…

I’m left handed n drive my LHD cars just fine…

as i posted in another thread…my friend is trying to have a TS50 imported though a place in Canada…which means it has to be picked up in Toronto. so my friend who is buying that car cant drive stick, so rather then trying to teach him how to drive stick and the whole RHD thing on the QEW, i think im just gonna drive the thing back. for him. and considering what ive heard about those cars, i wouldnt mind!