who is winter driving their 240?

ye lol i didnt realize how long it was until i posted on here. ive been saying winter aswell now that i think of it its more like 6 months cause march is still pretty bad. :mad:

I think I will store my POS. Don’t want to leave rust droppings all over the road. lol

I’m storing mine in about 2 weeks. Still need to rust proof it.

store it dont risk the chassis…this is when the hondas come out lol

DO NOT WINTER DRIVE IT,rust proof or not
Unless you want your car to rot.
There’s a reason why all the mint 240s are in the south!
Buy a winter car,doesn’t have to be a “Beater”
After seeing evryones post I’ll probably put mine away this weekend.
Say no to salt bro!!!

I’m driving mine through the winter if it doesn’t kick the bucket before then.

im driving mine aswell… :frowning:

I’ll be driving mine this winter. ;). S14 is stored as of tonight, insurance is off at midnight. Rustproof at Krownlakeshore + Rubberized Asphalt undercoating from CT = WIN!

Thread from last winter: http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39675

Might as well… she’s been through winter before and she’s holding up fine. In all honesty, if you just rustproof the shit out of your car and actually care for it, it won’t rust. Simple as that. I don’t see what the big deal is.

However, if you got a beater, use it!

Drove my '97 last winter, which had ZERO rust before winter, and exactly ZERO after winter, due to rustproofing and regular rinses.

My dad has a '94 Stealth TT that has been rustproofed by Krown every year – it has absolutely no rust.

Just make sure you rust proof your car and grab a decent set of snow tires. And steelies if you don’t want to ruin your aftermarket rims or mint stockers.

On that note, I hope there’s a winter track day this year…would be awesome!

if I get my hatch patched up quick time and rustproof the shit out of it. its already been through a couple winters already so Im going to winter beat it and have some fun

storing mine :frowning: save some money on insurance and gas.

I would be down 100%.

Ok then if you do drive it don’t get it rust proofed at CRAPPY TIRE!!Go and get the tar stuff.Won’t wash off,get the rust on the under carriage cleaned off though,other wise it will seal the corrosion in
I work at a crappy tire and I had to spray my maxima like 6 times,it kept on coming off.It’s shit!!(But it was free)HaHa
But I’m telling you your safest bet is to park it for what 5 months,big deal.If that’s what it takes to keep your 240 mint then so be it.
Besides front wheel is better in the snow anyway, and there’s always E-brake slides.
I hear what some of these guys are saying but the salt will find a way to eat your car!!
That is all

those are everywhere u look lol

or do like me store my summer 240 and pull out my winter 240

i was gunna do that… but i cant justify haveing three 240s

you wont, you will have 2 240s and a 180, lol

i say a big no no, drove mine last year and cancer shit spreads like no tomorrow without oil spray

driftin right through winter!!! im actually excited about winter this year!!!