Who to complain to...

I’m getting frustrated, right?
Nearly every day on my way home, as I’m exiting the thruway.
Exit 52E, Going… eastbound from the 90 I think it is.
(I’m not talking about the exit/entrance lane shared on the 90, that’s pretty sucky too though… I’m talking about the light to turn on to walden)

Last 3 days I’ve nearly got in an accident from being ran over by a dumbass.
Thursday it was some old lady in an escalade who had her eyes glued to the mall and obviously does not realize there are other cars on the road, so I had to jump over two lanes and slam the brakes to avoid hitting her… since he would not stop coming.
yesterday a guy just came over the line in my lane, then saw me and stopped.
Today, some old fuck came half way in my lane and laid on the horn at me.
Yes, I see you.
Yes, you’re old.
Yes, fuck off.

so he brakes a bit, and i watch in the mirror as he sits there blocking two lanes trying to get in the left turning lane to turn in to the mall.

So.
Cliffs.
Exit 52E from the 90 Eastbound on to Walden Ave.
It’s in Cheek I believe, right across from the mall.

I know it won’t really do anything, but who do I write to, so that I can bitch this intersection?
Anyone else have problems here?

It’s nearly every day.
Everytime I get to that intersection I gotta be mad fucking defensive to save my ass.

IB4 FUCK CANADIANS.

I vote for a mandatory driving exam of everyone in the US, including law enforcement.

And it better be actually SOMEWHAT difficult, Not this current parallel park BS…
Just enough to remove about 2/3 of the drivers from the road. (lol)

And I suppose Canadians need to pass it before they are let over the border.
Too bad it can never work…

no one.

the intersection isn’t at fault, the drivers are. why waste the time and energy?

Maybe they could post up some signage or something to make people pay attention to the lanes?
and that both lanes don’t directly go straight in to the mall parking lot?

Haha, like a week ago some shady black guy was outside with a sign that said retired army vet, homeless not by choice.
at the intersection that is.
and someone in a bimmer gave him a 5.
I was like dammmnnn, maybe i should do that. -.-

Ignorant drivers will always rule the roads, just be defensive. Call the local PD and tell them to keep an eye out, maybe they’ll sit there and issue some tickets. One of my trooper friends always does when I tell him about “hot” spots. :tup:

even tho u said inb4candians, ive always had a problem with the candians, especially coming from the mall, and them always being in the entrance to go 90E, and they cut over last second to stay on walden without even looking

it’s also happened with candian coach buses, which is extremely dangerous. people dont give a fuck, i hate driving when its busy, no one knows how to drive

lol there too! that’s why I don’t take that exit of the mall o.O
That one I can avoid… this other one… I can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

somebody call the WAHHHHMBULANCE!

IQ test for drivers and standard road test for every 5 years of owning a license.

They wont do that unless they charge a shit ton of money for the tests, renewing licenses, and registration etc is too much of a revenue

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who do I complain to about the increasing number of asshats driving around the malls/plazas. I almost got in about 3 or 4 accidents due to the ignorance of other drivers. Just to remind everyone:

Stop sign - Red octagon, which you stop at and then proceed when it is safe to do so. Looking all ways is a key factor in determining it is safe. At a four-way stop the car that arrives first gets to proceed first.

Yield Sign ≠ Stop Sign - This especially true on the off ramp of the 90w to Walden Ave, near target. The lane from the off ramp continues down walden so traffic coming from Walden needs to merge into that lane.

Pedestrians have the right of way - Due to insane holiday shopping please stop at crosswalks especially in plazas. As much as I probably deserve it, I’d like to wait til after the holidays to die…if possible.

Parking Spaces - There is really no need to wait for the primo parking space. Park at the end of the row and walk your weeble-wobble ass to the store.

Red Lights - Mean stop. Just because your were 50 ft from the crosswalk doesn’t mean you can proceed threw them.

Emergency vehicles/Cops - If they have their lights on pull to the side of the road and avoid cutting them off just so you can get to starbucks quicker.

Let me tell you why old people will NEVER be re-tested:

Old people vote. It would be career suicide for any politician to even mention that.

period.

It’s simply a seasonal thing. After the holidays that area by the mall will clear up again.

I do realize this, but I was in the Blvd mall parking lot and had some guy come flying down one of the lanes in an SUV, thankfully there was nobody walking there or they probably would have been killed.

If you haven’t finished your holiday shopping yet, better do it sooner rather than later cause it’s just going to get worse. Thank god for who ever invented online shopping.

Any area around any mall right now is going to be hell. +2 to online shopping :tup:

maybe you people drive like idiots like everyone else. i never have a problem near the mall. just drive carefull and you shouldent almost be getting into accidents. i donno maybe iv just been lucky.

Not saying it will work but you would be surprised what a nice letter to some council members or the town can do.

I drive one of the largest personal use vehicles on the road. Nobody cuts me off…ever. And, there’s no blind spot big enough to hide it.
Buy the biggest vehicle you can afford and you won’t have problems.

you drive in NY and are frustrated how people drive? really… really…