Who uses Marvel Mystery Oil?

So on another board, a memeber told me to add some MMO to my motor before I rip it appart to see if the rod bearings are going. Ive never heard of this stuff before but while walking though Walmart I happened to look over and see it on the shelf. Now that I have it, what do I do with it? People say that you can use it in your gas and in your oil but i have no knowledge of this product at all. Here is his post.

Here is a solution I have yet to try. Bring the engine to TDC then rotate backwards about a 1/3. This should bring all the pistons down in the bores, (IE: none of them at TDC) remove spark plugs. Using a small funnel pour in about a tea spoon of diesel, seafoam, ATF, Marvel Mystery Oil, etc. loosely reinstall spark plugs and let sit over night. In the morning remove plugs and crank over quickly to expel any excessive amounts of cleaner. (disable ignition and/or fuel for safety when cranking over) Reinstall spark plugs and fire it up.

Engine in question is a 88 BMW m20b27

yeah, toss it either spot.

ive used it in cars and boats, seems to clear things out nicely. Ide do it.

Won’t hurt to try it.

Used it lots when storing my car.

a old guy comes in to my work and buys this stuff and swears by it. thats good enough for me to by it. hes old.

Wasn’t i supposed to be getting a free bottle of the stuff when i signed up for that a few months ago from some link posted by some guy on here or something like that?

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:6,topic:39749"”]

Wasn’t i supposed to be getting a free bottle of the stuff when i signed up for that a few months ago from some link posted by some guy on here or something like that?

[/quote]

x2…was this the stuff?

who doesn’t use MMO, works great in air tools also

yeah im seriously surprised that more people have not heard of/used it.

[quote=“layzie,post:5,topic:39749"”]

a old guy comes in to my work and buys this stuff and swears by it. thats good enough for me to by it. hes old.

[/quote]

LOL if an old guy buy it you should too, if an old guy broke his hip would you too?

but seriously, as an XXXXXXXX employee i recommend putting it in with your oil drain about a quart out and refill with mystery oil and top off if needed

marvel mystery oil and seafoam are both great products.

I use boost and detonation to clean my cylinders out.

[quote=“somedude,post:13,topic:39749"”]

I use boost and detonation to clean my cylinders out.

[/quote]

:smiley: that made me laugh

[quote=“L8APEX1,post:12,topic:39749"”]

marvel mystery oil and seafoam are both great products.

[/quote]

they’re both gifts from god if you ask me…

[quote=“J&J,post:8,topic:39749"”]

who doesn’t use MMO, works great in air tools also

[/quote]

:word:

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:6,topic:39749"”]

[/quote]

I posted that offer. I think it was like 8-12 weeks for delivery or something like that.

I want to try doing this tonight but I dont know how to figure out if the motor is at TDC? How can I figure this out with the motor in the car? Motor is questions is a BMW m20b27