Why OBD2 inspection .... WHY god damn it

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1126058

That is fuckin sweet!

Wouldn’t a later Mustang/Cobra motor pass an OBD2 check? or does the motor actually have to be available in the car?

Wow now thats a sleeper

The vin thats in the ecu has to match the car iirc. That car is sweet. It looks so gay, it would be hilarious to roll around in that then just bust out a rwd burnout lol

x2, why would there be a problem? Don’t the s-10 v8 guys pass obd2?

To actually give you an answer on why OBD2- because if NYS didnt they would not be eligible for Highway funds from the federal Gov’t as per the clean air act of 1990. Being this is NYS we need the highway funding, unlike some southern states that the weather/salt doesnt destroy thier roads as fast. You are kidding yourself if you think OBD2 inspections in this state are done to clean the air

saw this over on corral before and saw the vid of it, fucking awesome

Pretty wild.
I dont know about the bolt-on suspension pickup points tho.
I dont think that will last long under any serious use.

Thats a great build, very cool setup

What year did the focus start?

Makes perfect sense why most of the states in the south have zero inspection.

If they use obd2 motors of course.You can set all the readyness monitors to pass with hp tuners.However this a carbed 408 it will not pass.

What about the homemade thing?

thats nuts.

Like a kit car? A guy I worked with said you have to make one and crash it first!

I was under the impression that you could swap a motor that was made by the same manufacturer from a newer model into an older car. Like… an 03 Cobra motor into an 00 Focus.

They do not have any laws on motor swaps you could put a diesel in a focus.When you go for inspection it has to plug in and show the monitors set.Carnut posted the rules in gen auto.

But the '03 Cobra motor would still have the same emission control devices to make it pass an inspection/smog test most likely. A carb’d motor would not.

That’s not true at all, when I was going to build a locost I looked into it, it’s straight fwd required equipment exam… Brake lights windsheild etc.