wierd noise from subs?

ok i am running a pioneer deh-p4900ib to a pyle pla-2230 amplifier to 2x alpine type-r 10" swr-1042d.

when i have my cd player running i can hear the subs making some ticking noise when i have the volume turned down to 0. but, its only when i have it set to cd player. when its on aux or tuner it doesnt happen.

i have no idea what to do with this. i was thinking a bad ground but i didnt know. the subs hit fine though when im listening to music. it used to do this in my 240sx also…

if someone could help me out with this or would want to have a look at it i live in the north-huntingdon/trafford area. my cell # is 412 580 9325

thanks in advance.

The pyle is a pile of.

I would bet thats your problem.

[QUOTE=F-B-A;656490][/QUOTE]

hahaha

sorry, but yeah… that amp’s a pyle of sh…

besides that what would be the problem

that is 99% the problem…

Plug the amp into another headunit and see if it makes the noise…

there is a small chance the head unit is making that noise…

I have seen an alternator so bad that it made noise everywhere too.

dude, just face that fact you got a junk amp,

all amps are not the same, its not a matter of highest wattage like all the armature audiophiles think.

look, would you buy a pair of shoes just because they were the cheapest ones in the store? I mean shoes are shoes right? wrong.

you get what you pay for, occasionally ill see a set up with complete shit product, and it’ll sound loud, but not good… follow me?

if its not the amp and its only making that noise on CD, then its probably a corrupt file that you lime wired, or bootlegged, try an actual cd, you know the ones honest people pay for from a store…
If thats not it, then maybe the lasers eye is loose or dirty, try a CD player cleaning kit.
Still no luck, install a different CD player, or attempt to have that one warrantied, but if you bought it on ebay you are screwed.

take a friends rca wire from their amp, hook up some barrel connects, and plug the rca into your amp, turn ur car, and radio on low volume, then turn his car, and radio on, his car will be playing your subs, see if it still does it

im not trying to be a dick (it just comes naturally for me) im just tired of having the same argument with every 16-20 yo that walkins in here and thinks a 10,000 wat jensen amp from ebay is better than the DLS 1200 watt amp that i am offering only because jensen “Claims” their amp does that stated wattage. at .10 cents/ wat…
/rant

what kind of amp would you guys reccomend for my 2 type r’s because i was looking to upgrade soon. i really wanted a jl audio 13w7 but thats a little on the expensive side. but i would be happy to get a new amp though.

just buy something proven and reputable, doesnt have to be JL, or expensive.

look for things like signal to noise ratio, db, distortion rate, rms, those are more important than max power imo.

would this amp work?
alpine mrd-m1005

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ALPINE-MRD-M1005-1000w-MONO-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ022QQitemZ350021793696QQtcZphoto

sure.

buy it from ebay so that if you have a problem with it ur f-d…

doesnt anybody learn/.

x2

well i got the amp and subs from that same seller on ebay and their stuff is brand new so i trust getting audio stuff from them ( i kno theres a reason why you get a 3k watt amp for 120$(cus its junk) i knew it was junk when i bought it i just needed sumthing for the type r’s

I had a sony CD player from the 90’s and it said 8Wx4. you would think that thing would be like 8 watts what a hunk. But that is acually telling the truth… yada/

I hate the term wattage. I think they should rate amps in voltage and current ratings…

are db drive or ma audio amplifiers any good cus if not then ill just get the alpine MRD-M1005 cus it looks about beasty… :smiley:

im havin the same problem wit my pioneer premier i thought it was bad ground but i moved the ground and it still does it i was told it was feed back from my car