Wii Softmod

I have 2 guys on software 4.0 that say the downgrade wont work. Anybody encounter this and find a downgrade that works?

Thanks

Don’t break it. She might have nothing to do to entertain herself other than have sex with you :nerd:

So it won’t play backups or load off the USB drive, but all of the other homebrew stuff works? Like, can you download Quake and run that?

Is the hard drive formatted correctly?

You need this program to format and put the ISO files onto the hdd.

http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26808

I have been able to download a few wiiware games and install them with the WAD Installer inside of HBC.

I also have about 5 games running off of an external hard drive. There are 15 games that I downloaded and some just hang there and never load.

I am lost, yet to me… I will just go buy the other games as usual :slight_smile: This was a fun little “huge nerd” thing to do, just to see what it was all about.

World of Goo is a pretty neat puzzle/physics game, if anyone is looking for a neat wiiware to try out. I had my brother buy it for his house.

I used that and no games worked.

I then switched to WBFS-GUI and it allowed me to be functional a little. :slight_smile:

I also had luck with a couple of games where they didn’t work, I switched them from PAL->NTSC or vise versa using RegionFrii, and then they worked.

I am mad that MadWorld won’t work… I am not going to upgrade from 3.3U to 4.0, ever. And I don’t know what people are talking about when they say “Install IOS53 and IOS55” to get it to run. Where do you get these IOS installation files?

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2111980

not sure if that works :shrug:

Have you tried to patch the games that didn’t work? Just to see if they were actually done?

edit~i haven’t had the chance to even do this yet as im waiting for my wd passport so i may end up having trouble also. Just about all the game i have downloaded and burned have worked though.

They have the pastports on sale at bestbuy. I think the 250 gig was like 80 or 85.

I got one used for 45. You can get a new 400gb for around that on ebay. Thanks for the heads up though.

I just got the wii mod done by some guy and i got pretty much every nes,snes,sega and ataria game ever for only 30 bucks
Can get 200 games for like 240 bucks and that inludes a HD

I’m gonna try updating my wii tomorrow…

updated softmod guide

awesome USB Loader

That is a nice looking loader. I will have to give it a try this weekend.

I noticed an oddity the other day with my soft modded wii. I couldn’t play COD3.
I tried to fire it up off my usb drive, and off the disc. It runs, but when you try to start either a new game, or load a save, it just hangs. I even tried to remove the save file, and that didn’t fix it. kinda odd.

I sent my buddy the info in here a few days back. He has since reported that it did nothing but crap up his Wii… guess I should have mentioned to him that I hadn’t tried it yet.

:mamoru:

What JCuz posted works fine with boxes up to 3.4.

What did you have your boy do?