Will any NY insurance co's insure a Canadian Driver?

I just got off the phone with Geico and they said i need to have a valid NY state driver’s license for them to insure me.

i have a close friend who lived in Cali for 3 years and was able to buy and insure a car with an Ontario, Canada license so i am sure there are companies in NY that will do the same.

i have a valid US mailing / business address so that part is fine. i could always get the visa but that takes too much time effort.

why do i want to do this?

my monthly insurance rates actually DECREASE going from a 1991 nissan 240sx with absolutely minimum coverage in Ontario to a much higher coverage package in NY state while driving a 2005 Lotus Elise… ??? wtf is that eh?

i’ll have to get a quote on a NSX too… wtf canada is for fags.

this needs to go int he all that is man thread lol

Uhhhhhhhhhh because one thing that insurance companies consider when insuring a VEHICLE is where the car will spend the majority of its time.

so what…

Geico didnt even ask that shit… in Ontario it only has to be 6 months of the year in the supposed locale… and i wont be driving the car in the winter anyways.

as far as they know it will be US only… and that isnt the point.

what insco’ will insure out of country licenses?

Progressive will do it… unfortuantely they didnt have a listing for the Elise so i had to provide VIN’s so they can have an underwriting team investigate…lol…

tons of rich fuckers do this shit, have cars in various countries, and you arent allowed to carry more than one drivers license so this arrangement is perfectly acceptable and legal.