Will I beat a 08 wrx Cobb stage 3?

You guys crack me up.

Ian is right. It’s a stock 08. He just asked to race “before he gets mods”

Hahaha n00b, behind the wheel of Choda made me more cocky than me :lol:

Ill smoke him now, and after his “exhaust and Perrin tune”.

That’s the Choda that was missed in this thread… :tup:

Even with “stage two” parts and a protune, the 08’s only make like 250-260 whp. (3200ish lbs) The first year of the new body style got the SHAFT powertrain wise.

So I’m gonna wax his ass no matter what…

If it stock turbo it’s a td04 which is pretty small, probably would make 250whp with downpipe, exhaust and protune (doubt an ots tune would net that much). Even if he’s a good driver that car is still pretty slow without an upgraded turbo. Still fun though awd with almost instant spool.

There is no official stages after stage 2. Stage 3 - eleventybillion could mean anything. And as already touched, the 08 WRX is the slowest of the new body styles. Even with a protune and exhaust, I think you will wax him.

with 250whp and 3200lbs shouldnt it run low-mid 13’s, with a good driver?

No way. A “good” driver MIGHT yield a high 13 with a down pipe and a tune… On average most likely a mid fourteen second car.

If I was planning on doing some pulls, I would be more interested in trap speed and less concerned about ET’s

agreed. i also find it funny that people are relating hp to et…hp is more representative of trap speed. et is more representative of torque and how well the car works…

i think the truck will outrun the wrx.

Thank u nyspeeders. I will no dissappoint u. Trying to get him to race for 20 bucks :slight_smile:

just doing some ricer math and my bone stock s4 was rated at 250hp, maybe 200whp and weighed roughly 3200lbs and ran 13.8@100 so i would think a vehicle similar in weight with 40-50hp should be good for .5 sec faster and 4-6 mph higher

I can’t wait until my 3" catless down pipes come in for the EcoBooooost. I’ll be hitting the track again to internet race you! What did you’re truck run best of in the 1/4?

i think last i saw he ran like a 13.69?

Drag race: <13 seconds.

This thread: 3 days.

Prob as fast as joes hatch was ? It will prob be pretty even. Depending on driver and what speed you go up to

I think they both run the same as mine roughly

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

We caught a light and he missed 2nd.
Did a 30 roll, I blew the tires off and shifted into 2nd then passed him quickly.
20 bucks in my pocket. :slight_smile:

G man ur next

Ill be hitting up the track this weekend as long as the weather is good. I’m hoping on running in the 13.0-13.5 range. We’ll see :slight_smile:

I’ll run ya puppy for shits and giggles anyways. I made the bet you didn’t respond :slight_smile: Might have to wait til next week though, ordering a replacement clutch today or tomorrow. My stock one doesn’t like the boost in TQ =/

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Damn both of you guys are moving for big ass trucks lol.