Will we get the ice storm today?

it looks pretty bad on chanel 2 right now, but west seneca isnt that bad, yet at least

getting freezing rain and sleet now in Cheektowaga

weathermen FAIL AT LIFE!

not as bad as you fail at spelling.

time to go put movie pass to use at blockbuster

ok what did i misspell there? i saw nothing wrong with it.

When did you set the “close date” on the pole. It’s coming down pretty good in Tonawanda.

Nothing there.

we appear to be getting it

well, in hamburg at least…

Coated in ice in Williamsville.

They updated the warning at 7pm, now they’re calling for up to 3/4" of ice (was 1/2" before).

Make sure you have a flashlight handy.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NYZ010&warncounty=NYC029&firewxzone=NYZ010&local_place1=2+Miles+NW+Cheektowaga+NY&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

this is bullshit, I hate freezing rain.
There is a big difference from now to october tho, the leaves are no longer on the trees as they were in october, so alot less brances should break and take out lines.

I watched the news a few hours ago and they said the ice would be southwest of Rochester. I just looked outside and the ice is starting to build up.

The storm in Oct was snow. Freezing rain does not need leaves to stick to trees and power lines.

was alot of ice in Nt, I dunno about buffalo (in october)

got a nice coating in north buff…

There was no freezing rain in the Oct storm. It takes a very specific scenario to get freezing rain, namely, warm air aloft with below freezing temps on the ground. When the Oct storm started it was the opposite. No one expected the snow to stick because the temps were above freezing on the ground.

There was some rain, and some sleet, but it was almost entirely snow.

Do you ever post anything correct or should we all just add you to our ignore lists?

roads suck, well my backwoods hick roads do, truck is covered in ice.
should have pulled the 5.0 out for the night

lol, there is a wiki article for the october storm…

Hamburg roads are shit. I chiseled ice off my car twice tonight and destroyed my ice scraper. Whenever we get an unusually nice day around here, we pay tenfold the next day. Nothing like a 30 degree drop complete with ice storm, yeah WNY!