Winter Beater

LMFAO ahh thats awsome.
Good thing we put 2 in lol.

get an echo. they dont break, they’re high so you can fucken drive them like colin mcrae, and they hold alot of shit so they’re practical.

just get an older civic…they’re stupid reliable and cheap

picked up my 91 4dr civic for $900 bucks off an older gentleman. Has 156km on the clock, has enough trunk space for whatever you need, gets 400km per tank (i think it’s a 50l tank too) i pay $48/mth for insurance…and…surpisingly it’s not bad to drive either…in the snow too.

seriously…i got this thing for less than what i paid for my stereo setup for my 240…lol

400km/50liter is SUPER shitty for a 1.5 by the way

my '95 4 door was $285, about $450 cert/e’d on the road, it needed front brakes and some light bulbs.

400km to a tank isn’t even good for a civic, $35 gets me 600km to a tank… that is when the fuck bag is running properly, sometimes it will randomly get 350km to a tank.

i envy your insurance rates though… $220 a month for me. anyone else see something wrong with the monthly premium being almost the same as the purchase price of the car?

actually…its a 44L tank…just checked :slight_smile:

the car is only suppose to get 10L/100Km apparently
since I live downtown I’m probably averaging a little lower…
however…i do notice on highway driving i can extend that past 400km…

and i have some dirty valves…lol

shrugs you’re right though, 35 bucks and my tanks is completely full…whatever it is…it’s a lot better than the alternative…my family also has an suv…great for winter driving but absolutely killer on gas.

why would u store a car on which insurance costs/yr > value of the car

Rust proof - $100
winter tires - $400
CAA - $100

instead of getting a cheap winter beater and having headaches with satefy /etest … repairs … for $600 u will have ur 240 winter ready.

SOOOOOO right… why are you storing it? Is it a trailer queen? No, it is a lambo? No… The above steps are key

uh
when you store a car you pay like 10 bucks a month insurance for fire & theft coverage

and the reason you do it is to prevent your car from ending up like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/BlueSuzaku/Picture078.jpg

rust proof or no rust proof… . if you have the means to keep your car off the road in the winter, why wouldn’t you

d21 pickup is the best by far.
nissan
and single cam ka ha

lol my car is my winter beater and daily lol

and actually what year of a nissan 240 do you have? and is it totally rust free? if so fine than it would make sense, but if its already rotting than whats the point, go buy one from the states that your using your “winter beater” funds for and get a proper chassis rather than saving one. i mean in the end, if its like an 89-90 what is the point, the car is so damn old you’ll run into more problems eventually and if you ever get hit, guess what price your getting, black book value for an 89-90 vehicle not a 91 converted sr powered 240.

just throwing it out there.

get ready for my soon to be posted ‘look what the winter did to my car’ thred.

did you rust proof? did you take your car to the car wash to wash away the salt?

NO RUST PROFF WILL MAKE A CAR LAST FOREVER.

It helps keep the car rot free for longer, but nothing even comes close to storing a car.

My car will still be rust free in 20 years, that should as hell won’t happen with anyone driving their car in the winter, no matter how much they take care of their car.

you’re right, but its still a preventable measure. but chances are its too late as most owners of these 240’s original owner didn’t take care of them to well.

you can rust proof it, and than do weekly washes by spraying the underbody to get rid of the salt residue which causes the rust to start, by doing so, you can keep the car longer.
however, how long do you actually plan to keep your car is another thing? do you really expect to sell a 15 year old car for like 10 grand? chances are you may find someone to bite, but how long will that take, and you’ll only be able to sell it for 10 grand, if you get into an accident insurance isn’t going to give you anywhere close to your asking price, they’ll give it straight black book value or market value for you to replace.

also, by storing your car, if you do not store the car properly such as having a heated garage or what not or if you constantly have the weather on the car it’ll still rust, but just not as quick. metal sweats and it causes corrosions.

I plan on keeping my car for as long as i possibly can, in a few years itll be parked between my F355 and my RR Sport SC, but that’s besides the point

I just find it funny when all these people who drive their car in the winter look at nice 240s and are like “wow, thats clean, i wish my car was like that”

lol fair enough.

what i find even funnier is how people complain about all the rusted-to-shit 240s around and then they turn around and say “why would you store a 240, it’s not a ferrari”

Assuming you’re being serious, I know what you mean, why does it have to be a Ferrari to be stored? People put away all kinds of cars for the winter, anything for Miatas to Mustangs to STis to GS300s.

I’d take a summer only 240sx over a winter driven 350Z or whatever, anyday.