Winter Beater

Why would i get a winter beater?

2 reason:

1. A 240 is not the greatest in the snow, and i drive upnorth to my cottage…(when i can) and let me tell you…2 feet of snow is an understatement.

2. I want to be able to keep my 240 for as long as possible. You can ask simplemind, jowo, and dudebud…they’ve seen my car on a regular basis, and luckly the previous owner, had rust proofed this thing probably every chance he got. Its one clean 240, although the driver door has rust on it, but you can tell it was replaced. It has 2 spots of rust…one would be the door (which was replaced) and the engine bay at the break line, which will be attended to in a couple months.

Why should i have to worry about rot and what not when all i have to do is store it for the winter and not have to worry about it. I wont be paying for storage either, the 240 will be in my fully insluated garage up north which gets heated all through friday to sunday, and has been able to keep some heat through the week until revisted.

Exactly like spd-dmn said, rust proofing will only get you so far without rot, but eventually it will catch up.

agreed, but do you have proper winters too?
i have blizzak’s and i have no problems in barrie, i go up there every week, and drove no problem. it sucked without the vlsd, but when i put that in, it was night and day difference driving up there.

man everyone here is so uptight. the new gtr is what almost 90k and you guys are btiching about your 500 dollar or 2000 dollar cars like there king shit. there cheap enough that if they rust just buy a new one who cares! there not 20k each. besides what the hell is the point of having a car if you can only drive it 4 months out of the year? have fun with it.

It’s not the money, it’s the passion.

Get with it.

man seriously sunflowers (Sunfires) are pretty good in the snow, and they can be had for under $1000. but i think the ultimate winter beat cars are:

1. mid 90’s Subaru legacy

2. 1989-90 Audi quattro or 1994 Audi A4

all these cars can be had for relatively cheap, or just get a civic :smiley:

OH AND BUMP TO THE POST ABOVE, IT IS A PASSION. HAHA LIKE THE COMMERCIAL, “PEOPLE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THERE NISSANS” speaking of commercials check this out, the best nissan commercial ever

I feel the exact same.

suzuki sidekick,I had one as a beater back in 05 an I did everything including roll mine and the cocksucker still runs and drives to this day. I took it offroading every weekend for 9 months, never washed it, drove it though ponds, river, mud bogs, and when i rolled it offroad i tossed on my soft top, jacked the roof support up with a hydrolic ram and put in a new windshield, drivers door and hood and kept on trucking, and I only changed the oil once because it kept burning it, I’d let it run for days with no oil showing on the dipstick because i wanted another beater so badly.

Day I rolled it. October 2005.

May 2006 - last day i drove it before pulling out the 240.

You can drive it 6 months out of the year no problem, even 7 on good years.

And like the other guy said, it’s about the passion. I fucking love my car, I don’t want to see it rot away. Even if I can go buy another one, I want this one.

It’s not the fastest car, it’s not the best looking car (even though it looks amazing for a 16 year old car), it’s not the fastest, not the most luxurious, but who cares, it’s my car and I love it.

Maybe if you were pationate about your car like we are of ours, yours wouldn’t be such a shithole. :wink:

half the reason i’m not driving mine right now and won’t be until spring is so i have time to take it apart properly, fix it up and build it the way i want to without rushing… kinda hard to do that when you have to drive it to work monday-friday.

Get a mini truck. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure, good ground clearance and 4X4 if you want that. Get an extended cab so you have the same amount of seats as your 240 plus a box where you can throw all your snowboarding shit or whatever.