Winter driving.

Hey i just bought a Skyline GTS, now this may seem like a really dumb question but winter driving… I don’t really want to cuz its prolly not the safest thing for me or the car. What do u guys think? Its RWD and RHD. I drove my 240 in the winter and that was pretty hectic. i think i might be better off storing it and finding myself a winter beater. What do u guys think? What necessary steps would i need to take to store it properly?

beh i drove my s13 in the winter, most fun i ever had with a sohc lol

but i gave and bought a 5 speed dakota. belive it or not you can drift it easyer than the s13 haha

just trow your car up on stands, dis conect the batery, ect… and youll be fine for storing it over the winter

or just drive it, saves time and effort…

yeaaa id prefer not to drive my skyline tho in the winter especially since my buddy is selling his truck and i should be able to get it for cheap lol

Storing is for wimps unless it’s a show car :slight_smile:

But in seriousness, winter tires are a must.

Rust proof your car before and after the snow falls.

Make sure you have all your splash guards in place - if you don’t, just buy some and put them on.

Oh…and rust proof your car before and after the snow falls :slight_smile:

Im gonna see how much my buddy is selling his car for. If I dont find something at a good price for the winter that I like i will be forced to drive my Skyline lol.

If your looking for a truck, i’ll sell you one 3500…lol

As for winter driving or storage i would just winter drive it. it was a lot of fun driving my 240 in the winter.

But it’s up too you, if you want to store it than do it.

yea only thing i dont like with winter driving is the salt. Especially how much salt they put on the road in my area. My car would rust like crazyyyy. I dunno we will see. I will prolly get a beater. Maybe a Sentra? or even another 240 LMAO

if you dont want to deal with rust and what not, don’t drive it in the winter.

why does the car need to be on jackstands when being stored?

I think so that you don’t flat spot the wheels? please correct me if I’m wrong.

yea thats what it is