Winter driving s14

Hey guys, i recently bought a 95 240sx and i am not sure what to do for the winter. Should i drive it throughout or store it?

Tell me what you guys suggest or have done before,

greatly appreciated.

Tom

i did it.
its fine.
drive like a normal person will and dont try to drift every turn.

get winter tires!!!

im in your club man… i have to drive mine this winter. unfortunatly. ;( (this will be its first winter.

we’ll c when we get our first snow… (hopefully not this week like supposed to)

good luck

yes tires are a good idea… thats what i did

jord

if the car is already really clean and you plan on keeping it for awhile or building it… id say keep it out of the snow/salt if you can afford it

if its just your bs daily… drive it all year but for the love of christ get some good snow tires

just try and keep the car clean, take it through car washes, or go to a coin wash and spray down and salt and road grime often, its really just the salt that will kill the car, but yea liek spd-dmn said, if its really clean, and you have full intentions of building it, than it would be a good idea to get a beater

an interesting little tip… washing the car when its full of salt is actually worse for it… only because you need the when you wash the car you are blasting all that salt behind fenders, in bumper and door seems, in the weather seals etc… any little crack and creavice(spelling)… then the car dries wiht the salt there… next time it gets wet again… and so on… salt on metal getting wet and drying repeatadly is what will cause breakouts.

but i still agree… i cant stand to see a car full of salt either… wash it up

jord

if it’s sitting on stock suspension, and the car will be your daily driver, then drive it… but if you plan on working on it and building it, don’t drive it in the winter, and save yourself the headaches of having rust holes in the body and the frames…

if you can afford it store it or make sure you get it under coated big pain when you have toget under the car but it will keep the rust from comin

Winter driving in an S14 is fine as long as you take certain precautions. I’ve been driving mine for 3 winters with no problems. Here are my suggestions:

1. Winter-proof it - get it sprayed to protect the undercarriage.

2.A few people suggested to take it to the coin-op car washes just to spray it down and get rid of the salt. Do this on a regular basis (depending on how heavy the snow/salting is this season). This is a great suggestion.

1. Use your stock wheels (or steelies) + all seasons (or winter tires). I’ve used my stock wheels + winter rubber for the last 3 years. I think I could have fared just as well if I keep my aftermarket + summer tires - I just would have had to drive a little slower or wait until the roads were plowed.

2. Hope and pray for a mild winter :slight_smile:

^^^+1 I also used stock rims plus winter rubber. No problems at all.

and have fun in parking lots

get it rust proofed get the black stuff its a older car and that shit is thicker than the clear rust proof. get it sprayed in the wheel well and everywhere possible lol. also spray the strut towers under the hood with the clear rust proof. im gonna winter drive my s14 its really clean underneath , im gonna rust proof it my self this weekend.