Winter storage

So here is my problem; ok, it’s not really a problem but I will rant anyway. I was originally going to store the FD in the garage but, there is way too much shit in there. As of right now, it is in my parents garage but it can’t be there much longer (my mom wants to park her Grand Cherokee inside). So my question is, if i get a good quality car cover, can i just keep it outside in my side driveway without any real worries about rust.The car was always garage kept by the previous 2 owners so I don’t want to get it salty. If it stays outside and covered will it be ok. Let me know if anybody has some input or if i’m being too paranoid.

The biggest risk with outdoor storage is critters.
Critters can chew wires, etc.
When checking the airfilter on my dad’s A6 my brother found a bunch of nuts stored in the air intake and the car was only parked for a couple weeks!

hmm i dunno, i always get paranoid about outside storage cause its the moisture that does it to the underside of the car… even when u store a car indoors its a good idea to keep a tarp or somthing under the car

my friend (03MustangGT) left his car outside under a car cover ALL winter last year, and it was fine…id say just clean the snow off of it periodcally and start it up and mayb move it up and down the driveway every once and a while and u should be ok

It should be ok. Salt is the killer. If it’s parked in a driveway, there should be no salt exposure.

Ya, make sure it is on a paved/concrete driveway and not grass.(moisture)

:word: salt shouldnt touch it at all in your driveway… just brush the snow off the cover ever now and then… start her up and go back and forth down the driveway a few times.

Ive parked my gtp out side every winter on the side of the garage the last 4 years. Just make sure you park it on pavement/cement, ive even used some sheet metal just so the tires are not on somthing that promotes mosture. Also put some moth balls under/around the car and even in the engine compartment to keep criders away.

People always say to start the car every now and then but I dont feel that is nessisary. If your only storing it for a few months it will be fine. Also think about it this way, when having a car sit the oil drains down to the pan. If you start it up the oil has to work its way back up. So if you only start the car every few weeks the oil has time to drain back down again in between each start and can cause damage everytime. I would rather let it site all winter then when Im ready to start it in the spring I pour some oil over the lifters just to cover myself.