Winter Storm Warning starting Saturday night (12/15)

wow, I just woke up to the biggest letdown in severe weather history

8am and freezing rain in the falls… not cool

2 inches in the town, no more. And now they say its not hitting us yet. Just come out and tell us you where wrong! This is why I hate to listen to the weather! Now my dam truck is a sheet of ice. Could have had some warning for that! I did however put a wager on this storm that it would not happen, so I have 20 dollars coming my way.

maybe myth busters are doing the weather now?

it actually kind of pisses me off because I really had to change around some plans to accommodate this storm. they were pretty much guaranteeing at least 10 inches of snow, and now according to the national weather service, we’ll be looking at 6-10 inches, which is not really anything to write home about.

:word: i cancelled my trip to cleveland for the bills game

They really need to stop forecasting out of their asses.

fucking cbs just said were looking at 3-6" rest of the day, noy gonna snow until noon.

2 comments…

1- The Warning is thru 7am tomorrow morning, so it’s not over.

2- There was more warm air aloft than they were originally expecting when the warning was issued which has caused more freezing rain which makes for less snow totals.

Some of you guys just bitch to bitch about the weather forecasters. If they don’t “hype” a storm, they get ripped apart for not warning of a storm. If they hype a storm, and a key variable changes and lessens the impact, they get bitched at for “hyping the storm”.

Do you actually expect them to be 100% accurate in every single instance of a storm? You’re dealing with an incredibly complex weather climate, and there are way too many factors and variables and if one thing changes, it throws everything else.

finally started snowing in wheatfield. huge flakes coming down fairly heavily.

when you hype an entire city and tell them NOT TO TRAVEL AT ALL. then they only end up with a third of the amount you end up getting, then your going to get slammed. I will take all weather reports with a grain of salt from now one.

god i dont what all of you people are bitching about, this is buffalo, and this type of shit happens all the time with our idiot weather forcasters. A blind man could of done a better job on this one.

Stop making crap up, it’s embarrasing.

Calm down Susan, nobody’s bitching, just chatting about the weather.

Not much overnight in South Buffalo (despite what that speedped says, he must be measuring in centimeters, or is just retarded) less than 2 inches, but it’s really snowing now.

Who told you not to travel? There were no travel bans, just advisorys to tell people to use their best judgement.

The warnings said travel may be treacherous and to exercize caution. And sideroads and roads down here in East Aurora were not all that wonderful as of 6:30 this morning, and will only get worse as the snow picks up this afternoon.

And all weather reports should be taken with a grain of salt anyways. They are predictions.

:deadhorse:

So far they’ve been doing an awful lot of hyping this year.

coming down here good in blasdell

i have a mix of flakes and freezing rain. I just snowblowed all my snow in the asshole across the streets driveway.