wiper problem

ok well today there was a massive rain storm for an hour or so here in kitchener (probably other cities too) but anyway i was on my way to work and i had my wipers on full cus it was coming down really good and then as i was driving i came to a section in the road that was completly covered in water, didnt know how deep it was till i was already driving threw it, so i put my 4-ways on driving threw this water covered road in first gear as i tried to drop it down into second but i almost stalled my car that way some how.? well i get threw this big puddle and had to slow down to make a left hand turn and my breaks got screwy with me for a min. grrrr. then i pulled into a parking lot (had to pull in there anyway) i get out and noticed my front left break had a stinky smell to it and the right side didnt, while im looking at my front tires/breaks my wipers are still going and its still pooring rain, i get back into my car and noticed it right away and was like WTF!! my driver side wiper stoped working. i get out again and noticed that the wiper is loose and the right side (side that works) is not loose.

i should be working right now but was not driving across the city in the rain with a non working wiper so i waiting for the rain to dye down and drove back home.

…long boring story ya i know

./but ya i just wondering anyone know how to fix my wiper problem? or know what may be wrong with it?

ohhh ya… just in case your wondering what car its for, its for my '93 240sx hatchback.

It’s probably just that the nut on the end of the wiper arm came lose.
Turn the wipers off so the passenger settles all the way down in the off position, take off the rubber cap on the end of the wiper (The part that bolts to what seems to be the body)
Line up the wiper to be in parallel with the passenger side wiper and then tighten that nut down.
Oh BTW, forgot to mention, can you move the driver side arm freely with your hand?

Check the motor, if the wiper dosen’t move can you still hear the motor work for the wiper that dosent move, if not it could be because water got in somewhere in when you went throught the puddle, just tighten the nut for the loose wiper and wait one day till the car drys up good, many things like this go dead usually in a bad ass rain like todays, just small advice if you can next time avoid puddles or deep water on roads, going through it even at 30km can cause severe damage to the discs, suddenly going from hot to really cold can warp the dics.

wait till things dry up best option i guess, drive safe.

ty.

but no its not just the bolt that is loose i checked that was hoping that all it was.
and yes i can move the driver side wiper freely.

just went to my shop and it turns out its the wiper linkage. it came loose
so im going back on thursday to get it fixed (hopfully) as we didnt have the parts we needed at the time

and as for the water in the road i had no idea how deep it was till it was too late when i was driving threw it, even if i did a u-turn to turn around i would of drove the same distance than going stright threw. but ya it sucks driving threw those big water puddles on the roads.

yea, sometimes its hard to avoid them, sucks, though this seemed to be the worst down pour i literally couldn’t see anything because the rain drops were hitting my winshield faster than my wipers could move,like in a auto carwash,lol