Wiring issue

Alright, so I swapped my silvia front end onto my hatch and since then my taillights and turn signals have stopped working, I changed both fuses and still no luck as both were blown. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

you shorted something

did you rewire anything to adapt the 240sx bulb harnesses to the silvia lights?

No, they’re just dual projectors, plug and play, and I have not connected up the corner lights yet so nothings changed.

if you are putting new fuses in and they keep popping, you have a short

just gotta find where it is

and since this happened right after you swapped to a silvia front end, im gonna assume its more than a coincidence that it’s your taillights and turn signals that are acting up

unless you also did other recent work thats related to the electrical system?

start by disconnecting ALL the front light plugs (headlights, turn signals, parking lights)

put in only a new turn signal fuse… hit the signals… note if the fuse pops

(if it didnt pop) take out the turn signal fuse and

put in only a new taillight/parking light fuse… turn on the parking lights… note if the fuse pops

report back

Thanks mike, and the wiring in my cars been acting up lately but I’ll troubleshoot tomorrow or friday

stiky i would remove that ghetto alarm system that was included in your car.

its not as easy as it seems ken.

Alright… so I swapped a 20A fuse in place of the 15A fuse and it seems to be working, have not start checked but lights seem to be lit up, is this a good idea Mike or?

no, not really

the fuse rating is matched to the circuit’s intended load and wire gauge. it’s designed to pop before wires start melting

the only reason to put in a 20 is if you’ve added some considerable extra load to the circuit, which i assume you havent

if the 15A is still blowing then you’re not fixing it by putting in a 20, you’re just masking the problem

Alright, thanks mike… I have the tails and the two middle silvia lights running via toggle switch now, so I can flick them on and off, just spliced the wires to ones that had power and now I gave myself DTRLS. One question though now… my cluster back lights and my turn signals do not work… but my Multifunction switch still turns on the front lights… but I am not popping those fuses… so which wire gives power to the turn signals and the cluster lights?