WNY Event 1, May 3rd

Our season opener is just over a week away! Please don’t forget to pre-register. While it is not required, it is extremely helpful when planning a course and an event to have a somewhat accurate estimate of attendance!

Who’s going?

I’ll be missing my 1st opener in a long time, we’ll be in Nebraska at the pro…yeah we’re retarded.

i’ll be there :tup:

I expect to be there, but I’m a fair weather autocrosser. No desire to stand around all day on a cold rainy spring day for 5 minutes of seat time. 45+ and sunny I’m there. 50+ and no rain I’m there.

Can’t effing wait.

How much does it cost to become an SCCA member? I’d check the site right now, but I’m on le cell phone.

i just went and reg’d but i couldnt find out how much it was to become an scca member either

Wouldn’t it have saved you $10 bucks to have waited and become a member before registering? That’s kinda why I’m waiting to register, but if that doesn’t matter then I’ll go ahead and dooit.

you don’t pay when you register online, I don’t think so at least

you pay at the event… pre-reg doesn’t take any monies

You pay the day of the event, so you can pre-reg now and register for the SCCA later. I doubt you’ll get your SCCA card before May 5th though, so ask Jim what proof of membership they accept. I’m guessing a receipt with your member # on it will work but I don’t know.

http://scca.com/joinnow.aspx

I’ll be there - anyone know a good place locally to get magnets for the number/class?

Good stuff.

Thanks guys :tup:

Michaels or AC Moore. Get the magnetic sheet and just trace paper numbers onto it and cut them out.

That looks sexier than the 3’x2’ magnets on both sides of the car.

sweet, i pre-reg’d. im guessing sts is the class i should be in, my car is def not stock, its on coilovers, 2.8l v6 motor, rear sway/strut tower braces, slotted rotors, no rear seat

I’m happy with how mine came out, especially considering I only spent about $10 and about 10 minutes cutting them out.

I put the wny membership form back up. www.wny-scca.com left menu, membership forms.

I would like to put together a more dedicated novice car for this year.

Event chair, I will be exceeding 2 drivers per car as much as possible. For all the n00bs that do not want to beat on their own car PM me. I’ll try 4 co-drivers to begin with. Preference given to those with the LEAST amount of experience (a virgin will bump someone with 3+ events experience).

Looks sweet, thank you!

In. But I guess that goes without saying.

As for memberships - if you join now, print out the receipt with your member number on it (the number is the important part). If you don’t join, you will have to fill out a weekend membership form, which can be redeemed for $15 off your membership when you apply for it.

Reg’d.

I’ll be running in the Novice class this year, but I still add the PAX on my car with the numbers I chose, correct?

ex. 326 DS