Wonder what this is going to start...

Props to you. Fucking runs in your yard blast it. So what you get a charge for unloading a firearm in your yard. Its your saftey and you need to protect your self on your own land.

Apparently my Dad had to do that once. There was a stray shepherd in the area that had scared my mom a couple of times. They called the Sherrif but he said they couldn’t do anything unless it actually attacked someone. :cjerk: I guess my Dad came home from work and it had chased or cornered my mom and newborn sister or something. That was all my Dad needed to know. It got the business end of his Ruger.

Yea, after hearing from one of the other neighbors that his father got bit by one of them… I’m taking that as a warning.

Should be interesting when I go home to see if I hear the dogs barking outside again…

:tdown: weaksauce. I used to hang out with a buddy of mine who was indian, and we used to chill on the rez alot. Well if you’re from around here you know about the “rez dogs”. Basicaly, wild dogs that roam around in packs. One day we were riding our bikes back from his house, and a few of them started to chase us. Long story short…I smashed the one in the face with an iron pipe I used to keep tied to the frame of my bike for said occasion. I felt bad because I LOVE dogs (got 3 myself), but fuck…I’ll bve damned if I’m gonna let some strange dog rip my leg off. My buddy Alex got bit by one of them the next day and ended up needing stitches.

Subscribed and looking for you to post:

“Shot that fucker and the owner”

wow, just shoot it? bet you would be singing a different song if it were your dog. If its an agressive dog, call animal control and they’ll deal with it. If they deam it dangerous they will put it to sleep,usually takes three times of it just putting someone in fear. Then the said owners can’t do anything to you, legally or illegally. I know if my dog escaped my fence and one of you shot it, I would have to really try and restrain myself from beating you to a bloody pulp.
Yes shit like that does suck when it happens but just because your GF got scared and ran from it, doesnt mean it would attack you. My dog is 10 months old and if he was lose he would run after someone prolly just to lick them to death, but he would prob be pretty intimidating to the person. You dont shoot a dog because its on your property, you call authorities.

:bigclap: I agree!!! Reading is overrated!!! :squint:

Maybe you missed the part about animal control having been called, or the dogs escaping repeatedly, or the dogs having bitten neighbors. It was hidden deep in the first post.

I love dogs too. But dogs are animals. If the owners aren’t responsible they can become dangerous.

Seriously. Your dog comes into my yard and nearly attacks someone and gets blasted… you really think you are gonna have problems restraining yourself when someone is there with a shotgun with another round in it? LOL

Honestly tho. Most people can sense if a dog is coming to lick them or coming in an attack sense. If I had kids and someone can’t keep the dog under control then they don’t deserve it. He said it has scared his girlfriend and has a history of attacking people. Its not some puppy coming into your yard to lick you or hump his god.

I am a huge dog lover but some are just mean and people can not take care of them. Its a saftey issue and I would never want to put myself or anyone I cared about at risk. A dog like that comes near me, peace out pup.

when I was younger, my family had an alaskan malamute, he was 8 months old and well it was hunting season and he could smell the dear guts behind the neighbors house. We lived on 40 some acres out in holland. Well some hick farmer/hunter shot my dog while is wasn’t on my property and my dad sued the said hunter for over 2500$. Keep that in mind.
I did read, but it takes more than one time for them to put the dogs to sleep. If the dogs bit the neighbor it obviously wasnt reported because they wouldnt have there dogs back today> so if its not a reported incident, it means nothing and is hearsay. You have the right to protect your family but do not have the right to shoot a dog because its on you property

well, for your sake, I hope this never happens to you my friend.

Did I say I’d shoot it for just coming on my property? Nope…

Did I say I’d kill it in a heartbeat if it ATTACKED a family member? you bet your life on it.

Reverse the rolls… If your neighbors dog got out, and was attacking your dog and your wife or kid what would you do? Just sit back and go, oh… uhm… let’s call AC and the police and wait for them for 30 minutes while they are getting attacked? Give me a break…

make sure you give them no reason to call the cops/animal control. you know they will probably be wanting to do something.

Never have given them a reason; Haylie (the puppy) is always on a leash or her run. I’m having invisible fencing installed the end of the month. She hardly ever barks, and is afraid of most people and will run home.

She was a rescue so is very timid of people.

Of course i understand if its attacking someone or someting, to do what you have to do and protect your family.
The best thing to do is when it comes on your property to get in your house if able to do so and keep calling animal control and/or police. If the dog is dangerous they WILL put it to sleep, and if its not they will take it from the irresponsable owners and give it the life it deserves. Shoot it if there is ABSOLUTLY no other way around it. All these people saying shoot it and introduce it to MR Blasto and shit are the exact reason why gun lwas are so strict in this county lol.

“Well the dog just mauled my girlfriend and puppy to death. Its ok tho. Animal control will be over tomorrow to take the dog and put it to sleep.”

If your neighbors dog bit someone shouldnt it have been put down??? And as for the shoe bitting and tearing them apart try using a squirt bottle and when they do that spray them everytime. they hate that.

Only problem is she’s a lab mix… As such she LOVES WATER!!! to the point we have to close and lock the bathroom door when we take a shower because she will open it and join us in the shower!!! :rofl:

Tea, thats exacally what I was telling him to do.:smash2:
if there was a dangerous dog in your yard and you called the police, animal control and the police would be there asap. Either 2 things would happen animal control would catch it or the officer would shoot. Which in both cases beats you having to shoot it. I also mever said anything about the dog mauling anyone nor did OP