Wondering about some help :D

Hey everyone…

so im not a starving student, however i am a starving Certified Radio employee… and i want a 240…

so problem solved… i found one a friend of mine has that he’ll sell to me… only issue is it aparently has a cracked timing chain cover causeing coolent to leak into the oil pan… and aparently the 4th cyl. isnt firing either caused by faulty wiring or something wrong with the head…

wondering if its just easyer to swap the motor for another KA right now till next year when ill have money saved up for an SR20 swap… and if it is easyer to swap in the KA … does anyone have one they’d be willing to sell CHEAP and would anyone be willing to help me swap in one weekend?

thanks everyone! --scott

I think you can find KA’s fairly easily and everything would bolt/hook up. I think I found a compleat running KA for something like $100 in Calgary when I was looking in to my 240 which at the time was in similar shape. When people do the SR swap usually they have the old one that not too many people want. You can use that to your advantage and get it for a fairly good price. Just be aware that the timing chains seem to go around 200k km’s so it may happen just after you put one in so you might want to beware of that. Maybe just replace it before you put in or not worry about it and it might hold out 'till you do the swap. Just a thought hope it helps

i know nis240 has one but i dont know if he is willing to part with it. also check the market place section there is usually some for sale in there.

i do have one 2 that i am willing ot part out ! might even help ya swap it if quit being a lier scott ! LOL JJ