Woot I am Certified

Probably of not much importance or relevance to any of you but today I became a Certified Asbestos Inspector for the State of NY.

All I know is that it means a pay raise and another reason for them to pay me what they do. :tup:

Plus its a nice thing to have on the ole resume in the construction industry.

I am stoked … That is all :slight_smile:

lol

nice kyle

don’t get cancer, seriously.

Seriously…I wouldn’t know for 30 years anyway :slight_smile:

Plus as an Inspector the amt. you are exposed to is not enough to get cancer…and I have the right to wear a full self contained breathing apparatus if I want :slight_smile:

:tspry:

James Sokolove!!!

:tea-up: good deal man congrats. a raise is never a bad thing :smiley:

Congrats.

I paid over $12,000 5 years ago to have about a half pound of it removed from a building I had demo’d.
It was in a roof patch.(IT WAS NOT EVEN FRIABLE)
It’s just another NY scam to make money.(The NY permits alone were thousands of dollars)

You only get cancer if you eat like 50#s of it.

Congrats :tup:

I don’t think you’re being serious here, but this is seriously how you get asbestos sickness / cancer (mesotheleoma):

1. Bump, cut, drop or do anything to it that makes it fall apart
  2. Tiny crystals then float around in the air and they look like little pencils
  3. Breath them in, and into the lungs they go…
  4. … and they don’t ever come out. They get trapped in the avioli (little balloon / ball shaped things on the side of your lungs) which only have a very small opening and are vital to absorbing oxygen.
  5. Cancer
  6. Lawsuits
  7. Death

congrats kyle :slight_smile:

:tup: prevailing wage is probably pretty damn good for that.

HOT!! Pun intended!! Congrats buddy.

Yeah but as an INSPECTOR I am still not a laborer…more in the consulting role. And Onyx is correct in how it works…but it takes quite a bit of inhalation or digestion to matter. There are permissable limits in place to breathe it and most of the time…short of demo, you do not have to abate it.

But yeah, its not cheap by any means to deal with it. And its really amazing how many of you are probably around it everyday without knowing or being harmed by it.

:tup:

the pink filter + $$$$$

I put mustard on that shit and I eat it!

Seriously though I know it can be bad stuff but the whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the FUCKING SLIME BALL AMBULANCE CHASERS IN NY.

Like I said the asbestos on my roof was in a tar patch and was not even friable.

I personally know a guy that has made millions of dollars off this shit.

I was going to say the same thing. hahaha

We had some asbestos removed from the pipes in our basement. It would have probably been find since it wasn’t falling apart and if your don’t touch it then its no big thing. But better safe than sorry. It was big money to get it all removed but those guys left the basement spotless.

i think i have a bag of asbestos pipe patch still in the bag in my basement from the 70’s

the dangerous thing is just inhaling the dust from the stuff, tiny needle/porkupine like splinters that get stuck in your lungs, but not nearly as bad as ciggarette smoke.

i inhaled a good amount of this stuff a few years back at childrens hospital during a ceiling demolition for like 2 weeks straight. we had some tests done, and that was pretty much the end of it. a few doctors said it shouldnt be a problem becuase it was so short-term, should i be worried?

sorry for the threadjack, this has always been lingering in my mind.

I’m not a doctor, so I don’t know. Like some people said, 2nd hand smoke is likely just as bad. Everyone is effected differently. I would keep documentation of the work you did and the medical exams just in case something comes up down the road.

that’s it?

congrats Kyle