work related injury...(mild gore)

I work in a fabrication shop, we make forklift/crane/trolly systems for the most part, but do side jobs for local buisnesses. I was deburring a piece of metal on a disc sander, and it caught my glove and pulled my thumb in. Didnt see it happen, didnt feel it until about 1 block from the hospital.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/95civiclx/thumb002.jpg

ABOUT A WEEK LATER:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/95civiclx/thumb.jpg

3 weeks from when it happened.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/95civiclx/thumb004.jpg

Not sure what is going to happen yet. Either skin graft or nail bed graft depending on the nail, or if it happens to close on its own. This is the dumbest/worst thing ive ever done.
Anyone have any reassuring experiences on the outcome of something like this? what are your opinions/practices when using a disc sander, or other machine that might catch a glove? Ive heard from a few people that i shouldnt have been wearing gloves.

no fingerblasting for you, well not with that finger anyway.

not gonna lie, that’s pretty gross…

Ib4thatwillbuffrightout

I remember when I was using a disc sander and it sucked my hand in. Lost my right arm. Luckily it grew back.

Hope all goes well and you have feeling/functionality.

Yeah, I’d probably skip the gloves or go for tight fitting ones. That’s shitty.

well… " :tdown: " to this story

yup

haha^ nice.

yeah no tendon/nerve damage to speak of. just no nail, and lots of flesh missing. i had 4 stitches, but waiting to see what they want to do where the nail got ripped off. movement is limited, im hoping just cause of the swelling / massive scab right over the knuckle.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit :frowning:

FALSE

Looks like the eye of sauron.

No finger lose no care this thread fails to deliver :stuck_out_tongue: j/k hope it grows back.

kind of reminds me of my penis

haha… thats definitely the best reference i’ve heard so far.
i was debating whether it would have been better to cut it off, so they could reattach it and get it over with… this is going to take a while to heal. thanks, don.

umm, wanna have sex?

haha… sounds like youve got an entirely different problem that needs to be addressed.

haha…Yea after a couple Korean whores, “suckie suckie… $15 eatzz”

that really fucking sucks. Im sorry to hear. Make sure you talk to a GOOD plastic surgeon ASAP. Get it operated on and fixed as best as possible. You dont want to spend the rest of your life with a fucked up hand. COMP should cover whatever.

your finger will be fine. as long as you do not get an infection that is. believe me…after working an emergency room for 2 years…i have seen worse things that have ended fine. get the graft. its a simple process. WHATEVER YOU DO…DO NOT SEE A DOCTOR DOLDAN. You will thank me when your finger is still in tact.

Workers Comp FTW…take a paid vacation.

and the worst thing i can relate is that my finger had aids a month or so ago and lived. theres a thread on here somewhere

thats nasty… hope it all works out for ya though.

god. that’s fucking vile.